2018 Runoffs

Tempting to go experience it while it is on the west coast, BUT -

1) I'm committed to supporting Conference and every SCCA National race required to qualify would only reduce my entries with the ICSCC

2) After the way I have seen Grip treated in the last couple go 'rounds I would hate to go try to have that national championship experience only to get in the middle of rage induced wreck fest which seems to be a lot more likely than I would ever think was acceptable for amateur racing. I've been following the runoffs for decades and I have to say that it ends up in unhappy people with torn up racecars and a sour taste in their mouths too often to be just bad luck or a racing deal.

I do not follow production car racing at all...how were they treated? What happened?

There are a bunch of volunteers who are working on plans to go and staff the event. I've been to a few at various tracks. Like any race weekend, there are highs and lows. I'm looking forward to going since I haven't been to Sonoma since the Can-AM / Trans-Am days of old.

I'm a bit torn. It would be a memorable experience, and my old girl has a better chance at that track than others in FF. It's just expensive to do both.

my car/class does not qualify as worthy.

This is going to be a very busy year for our warriors in white. With the pro races here in Portland along with our normal events and adding the Run offs down south, they are going to be busy busy busy.

Back