Fall Enduro

jeff_remfert

Rant is about to happen.....brace thy self.

So, now that everyone has finished their season and had a week to rest, you now all need to make some calls, get teams together and ENTER THE FALL ENDURO!!! Pro-3 drivers, ya you boxycardrivingexhaustsniffers, if you can get 30 odd cars out on the weekend, you can get 10 out to the enduro! Same goes for all of you wishiwasdrivinganrx7 miata drivers, get together, each come up with two tires, make a team and enter the freakin race already!!! Now, all of you other GT, St and other class drivers with no friends, MAKE SOME AND ENTER THE ENDURO!!

In all seriousness, Please help us save this historic race. Enter what you can, 2,4 or 8h and see if we can get the car count to over 30 on track for at least the first two hours. We can do this!

Jeff
Retro Racing Team #140

Getting there.............need another 15 cars to really make the difference, so come on people!

IF we can make it to 30 cars in the 8 hour, Skyline Scaffold/Retro Racing will put up another $1,000 USD in prize money to be distributed to the top 3 in the class with the most entries! Chris will determine the split, so get entered soon!!

Thanks Jeff, as you say we need more entries to keep this Enduro on the calendar for next year.

Speaking of next year, the SCCA Runoffs are scheduled for October 15 - 21 at Sonoma's Sears Point Raceway. Cascade might want to look earlier in the month for the 2018 Euduro. Many workers will be traveling on the 13th and 14th next year. Forewarned is forearmed.

Thanks Jeff!

I thought I'd chime in to represent a personal experience. Being 17 years old means I have to wait 1 more year of my life to finally be able to race in the Cascade Enduro with my father. I've attended this race with my dad and uncle since I was old enough to remember and I can grantee that I have not missed this race since then. Every year we talk about the day we can finally all share a car together in the enduro. Due to raising a family my father stopped running the enduro the year I was born, 17 years ago. I'm now eligible to run the enduro next year and it's something I've waited my whole life to do. Standing on the guard rail watching the cars buzz the wall seeing all of the teams cheering in completion of their race is a feeling I'm sure many if not almost all have experienced. I can't wait to be the driver inside my car flashing the lights running a few inches from the wall buzzing everyone at 9,000rpm's in a fire breathing RX7. I can grantee I will have a smile on my face, and I will have completed an event and memory of a life time.

So I invite all of you drivers that "ARE" eligible to enter this race and put a team together. Putting my dreams aside I know that this event matters to all of the Conference racing family and I know that many more care about this event then the entry list has shown in past years. If you're new to Conference or haven't run an enduro, do it! The team effort that is involved creates quite a neat experience that extends beyond any Conference sprint race. So sign up, keep this race alive, and buzz the wall flashing your lights for another young dreamer that may be standing on the wall.

Here's a video of my dad starting the 1999 Enduro in his RX7 a year before I was born. This is how the enduro should be and I know we can all make this happen once again. Notice not only the amount of cars but how fast the first car gets out of the pits. ;)

See you all at the track this year and next year! Thanks to all who have already signed up! Lets make this event big again!

-Austin Bradshaw
flyingbyephoto.com
#41 EP Mazda RX7
Bradshaw Motorsports

OK, so we are 2/3rds of the way to costing us another $1k, but time is ticking down! Need 10 more to take the start in the 8 hour for this to happen, and I really want that to happen, so enter soon and enter often!

Back