[For Sale] Anyone looking for a project?

rick_bostrom

Onda Kattan Racing
Those that know me can vouch that I am a bit of a car hoarder but I have finally run out of room for all of my projects. In order to keep them all straight I have found it expedient to give each of my cars an appropriate name. I have been slowly working on a C4 Corvette project in the back of the garage for a while but another project is jumping ahead in line so I must regrettably attempt to find a new home for "Dale".

Most of him started life as 1986 Chevrolet Corvette. Over the years he has gathered parts from a lot of different 1985 thru 1996 Corvettes and had a fair amount of fabrication and parts that were never found on a production car. He has been raced and has SCCA logbooks and has suffered his share of bumps and bruises before coming to me about three years ago. I slid him into an open garage slot and started cleaning and dissembling him, identifying things that were dirty, damaged, destroyed, or poorly done and have been tidying them a bit at a time ever since.

This car is definitely a project but it could be back on track fairly quickly if someone focused a little and was only working one one car ........

He presents kind of an interesting opportunity for someone to choose their path as I have a number of parts that would allow some flexibility in car class, usage, and speed potential. There is a 383 SBC in it right now that make about 590 HP on race gas. I have a 350 SBC on the engine stand that makes 385 HP on pump premium. I have a brand new, in the box GM "Hot Cam" kit with rockers, springs, and cam that raises that motor to 430 HP on pump premium. It has SSBC 13" big brakes on the front but if someone wanted a less expensive option I have a full set of 5th gen Corvette brakes that could go on. I stole the Jerico out of it and put it in my Grand Prix stock car as a spare but I have a brand new, never used Richmond road race T-10 that could go as part of the deal. I just replaced the old damaged composite rear leaf spring with a VBP Extreme adjustable rear spring. It has an installed Accusump. It has a well designed and fully legal cage for racing or track days. It has full instrumentation, dual ignitions, dual rev limiter boxes, and lots of other racey bits. It has a fully plumbed fire system installed , charged, and ready for action. It has a fuel cell that can go as part of the deal as well. It has enough space in the passenger side to be configured for a passenger which is would be an e-ticket ride for sure!

It could be configured as an SPO, ITE, GT1, ST, Enduro, or Trackday car in Conference terms depending on what parts you want and what path you take. It's hard to put a price on such a combination of options but I can assure you, I am so eager to get my next project into the garage that I am willing to make someone a smoking deal. The more you take, the better the deal!

I have tons of pictures and documentation of everything so if you have ANY interest in this project drop me a line and lets talk. Attached is a picture as it now sits in my garage - dont worry, there is front and rear bodywork and wheels for Dale. The bodywork and mounting still needs some work but the major parts are all there.

Thanks - Rick

20151219_180409.jpg

Back