Does anyone recognize this car?

Keith Robinson asks:

"Anyone know this car, raced at Westwood in the 1980’s? It has Cortina running gear and engine (missing currently)."

22539239012_018a31fbba_z_d.jpg

It can't be a Mallock because it is left hand drive. Most of the Mallocks I've seen have a much lower stance and are right hand drive. Two or three Victoria racers built Sports Race cars using Cortina power. Perhaps one of them will recognize it.

Lee is agreeing with Paul. He suggests you telephone John Kendrew in Victoria.
John raced in sports racing in 1970s through 2004.

I believe it is Mallock inspired, I intend to get it back on a track next year.
Thanks for the tips guys, I will try and make contact with John Kendrew.

All Cortina/Pinto running gear; Front engine Ford Kent 1600 with fully floating rear axle. Coil overs all round with Spitfire front spindles on A arms top and bottom.

i never saw this car race. I remember that someone at a Westwood race ,in the early days of running my Meson 861B, told me that he was working on his own version of my car using Cortina bits. To my knowledge that car never raced in ICSCC at Westwood (although I did miss a few races) If it raced ICSCC it would have our logo stamped on the roll cage. If it was raced in CASC it might not have a stamp. I would suggest you look up the car in Tom Johnston's book Sports Car Road Racing in Western Canada. If it was campaigned at all it should be there. If all else fails you can post your request on the D-Sports racing website in Vintage/H-modified. Best of luck

John Kendrew

Going back to 1973 I do not ever recall seeing this car at any Conference events. Sounds like an interesting project Keith.

Back