Turn 2B flip of car 75

robjacobsen

The Pros From Dover
Does anyone have a picture of the damage to the fuel cell inflicted when car 75 spun into the back past turn station 2B? It was very impressive to see. The can split wide open, but the bladder did it's job and kept the fuel inside. If it hadn't, that wreck could have ended very differently.

Thanks for your help Rob!

cell.jpg

Wow that's incredible.... So sorry about all of the carnage to all of the drivers involved. That's such a nasty hit. Glad everyone turned out okay, and of course okay. I will miss that car, and hopefully someday soon we will see Enzo the 2nd.....

Thank you Rob. For those that couldn't see, as soon as we had checked Rob out and he was out of the car, he put down his helmet and stuff and grabbed a broom to help with the clean up. Sure sign that he was okay.

That's just too damn bad but it's good to see the safety items worked as designed. I love racing with Rob (albeit briefly due to speed delta) but when I see that car in my mirrors or start a race near it I've always been comfortable door to door. I look forward to seeing Rob back on track.

I don't think an OEM cell would have contained the fuel like that did.

The OE tank is in front of the rear wheels- but I wonder, had the cell not been there, how much farther forward would the rear bumper have gone?

Sorry, Rob, that's... not pretty...

t

Back