[Sold] 1985 Itasca 23'

Jim Phoenix

Sold :)

Selling my 23' race RV, $3000 obo. Runs great, no mechanical problems, everything works very well, many recent upgrades including:

In 2014; new tires, new house batteries, new engine 1000 cca battery, new starter, new alternator, fuel pump, water pump, belts, hoses, re-cored radiator, complete new exhaust system. Exhaust manifolds removed and machined flat, new exhaust and intake manifold gaskets, overhauled quadrajet. New brakes, new brake master cylinder and six new tires, 7 new shock absorbers, front end aligned.

Powering the house is an Onan 4000 with less than 400 hours, new fuel pump, filters and a tuneup. Run perfectly. Also I put in new carpet, new queen mattress, many new appliance parts, new microwave. Fridge works perfect on gas, dc or 110, heater, AC, water pump, etc all work very well (you can be air conditioned in Portland!). All new LED interior lighting, new double din stereo with back up camera. Multi USB plugs plus other stuff I've done I'm forgetting. Also an external 12VDC outlet I installed to power my race car lift. Roof does not leak.

I drove this rv to Monterey and back in 2013 to get my FV, no problems, 454 pulls up the grades very nice. Over snoqualmie to Spokane and can easily pull the little FV trailer up the grade at 65. Has a TH475 transmission.

I removed the dinette so I could fill that area up with spares and gas cans, tires etc. but have since installed a folding table that I use folding chairs with. You can easily reinstall a dinette booth, but you'll have to get one off craigslist as I no longer have the original - it was in bad shape.

Make me an offer, gotta make room for a new larger RV that can accommodate my growing Golden Newfie mutt :)

Jim Phoenix
253-720-6233
Jphoenix13@me.com

Photos here: http://www.jimphoenix.com/rv/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 706
Last edited:
For any course workers interested in this RV, I would give a 33% discount, so $2000 for any ICSCC course worker.

We love our course workers!

Not surprising considering how tidy you keep your racecar, but that has to be the cleanest 1985 motorhome I have seen in a long time!

The replacement, just drove it 700 miles today from Lancaster, PA to Bloomington, IL. A few more days to get home. Running very well, much like a Vee, gotta keep the momentum up in the hills and corners ;)

The DD 6v92 is thirsty, but running very well. A very nice ride!

image.jpg

40' and 42,000 lbs, handles slightly different than my Lotus. Currently three of the four air conditioners running off the diesel genset, life's good.

Last edited:
Back