Using an AiM device @ Spokane? You are going to need to read this!

Spokane racers.

Since Spokane Raceway Park had a refresh of the layout a few years ago, any AiM device (Solo, MXL, MXL2, MXG etc.) won't work properly as start/finish has moved.

To get your lap times, predictive lap times and general happiness while racing, you'll need to take one of two actions.

The first is the manual 'set start/finish' on your AiM device. This can be a pain here because you are turning as you pass start/finish.

The second option (and easier if done ahead of time) is to upload a new layout track to your AiM system. To help you with this, I've created the track for you and the process is very straight forward.

STEPS

1. Download this file to your PC
  2. Make sure you have GPS Manager (link to software) installed on your computer
  3. Import the file you downloaded to your computer into GPS Manager
  4. Connect your AiM device to your computer and load the new map to your device (Solo, MXL2 etc.)
  5. Delete any other copy of Spokane on your device. These will confuse the system. This should be the only file for Spokane on your AiM system

The video below shows just how simple it is to move a file to your device. This references the AiM Solo but it works for all.

See you all in Spokane.

James

Hi James, thank you for the heads up, my first trip to Spokane. Is the Spokane in GPS Manager correct? I can't get your link to open so not sure. Thanks!

Done,

Thank you James.

CWR44: The updated spokane layout that James has (and his link worked for me) is titled "Spokane New Layout". The "Spokane" that was pre-built into GPS manager is the old layout. I deleted that one in GPS Manager and on my device and loaded the Spokane New Layout into both GPS Manager and then into my Device.

I'll be around as of Thurs afternoon if you have questions. Curt, Colin is absolutely right, the Spokane in GPS Manager is the old file they had pre layout changes. Delete that, add this file (right click, save file as, on your PC) and then follow the steps. Should be all goodness :)

James

Back