Data Analysis Seminar - Updates & Feedback Needed. What would you like to hear about?

Data Analysis Seminar - Updates & Feedback Needed. What would you like to hear about?

Hi ICSCC Racers!

One day I'll post about something that isn't related to data and data analysis! But not today :)

So far this season we've done two seminars. At The Ridge 6 Hour and ORP we had good attendance and first and foremost I want to say a big thank you for attending.

Observations so far have been as follows;

• We've got very different levels of experience with data (expected and what we'd hoped for). This is great!
  • For some data acquisition was a new 'consideration' and not something that you'd completely decided to invest in
  • The content we prepared was a little too advanced for folks to use but basic for others
  • We all learn differently, so different formats of how data can be viewed was/is desirable (e.g. maps, videos, etc.)

With the Spokane triple being the target for the next session I wanted to solicit some feedback on what you'd like to hear about and cover. Ideas are as follows;

• How to setup your new AiM Solo (or data acquisition tool) for the first time (or just to make sure you got it right)
  • Demonstration on how to use the device in your car for testing new things (using the predictive lap timer to it's fullest)
  • Demonstration on how to import your data for the first time into your computer and how to setup your graphs and views
  • Alternative views on the data that don't look like graphs and charts (for example, we can simulate two cars racing each other on screen!)
  • Alternative tools for driving improvements (for example video)

So, over to you. What would you like to see? What is on your mind? No feedback is bad feedback. I want to get this right for you all!

Lastly, I have put some new videos online following what we've learned so far, you'll find these below.

Thanks!

James

All other videos can be found here on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLrk-IEDDIYuclxF0rj8iHBjjNDnCNCTf

Hi James,

I haven't been able to attend your sessions this year but plan to make the one at Spokane. I'd be interested in the predictive lap timer for testing.

Thanks,

Alberto

Hey all.

Due to low attendance at Spokane this year, I'm going to postpone this data seminar and move to another race later in the year.

Chances are the next session will be at PIR or PR in late Summer.

Thanks all for your understanding.

James

Back