100 DB for SCCBC 20th Anniversary Celebration Mission Aug. 30-Sept. 1

Bonnie

Bonnie Healy
If we're going to spend our entire long weekend volunteering trackside, it’d be great to see as many friends from the south as possible attend the triple event in Mission Labour Day weekend!

Thought I’d post the entry from the Supplemental Regulations as the link seems to be broken on the front page of the Conference forum:

24. No race vehicle may exceed 100 decibels (db) measured at 50ft. from the racing surface. Readings will be taken at an acceleration point.
Cars exceeding the db limit will have one or more of their Qualifying times in that session erased, or be disqualified from their race.​

That should encourage more of you to come up and play! (Just make DANG sure you're not over 100!!!)

Here’s the link to the driver info page where I took the excerpt from:

http://www.sccbc.net/data/2014/Aug 30-Sep 1 ICSCC driver info.pdf

COME ON UP! :)

..... No race vehicle may exceed 100 decibels (db)

That should encourage more of you to come up and play! ...

Really, Bonnie, why? Most other tracks are 103 dB . So, Mission now requires a 'special' muffler pack :(

Although, I thought Mission was/is at 100 dB (or even lower) for a couple of years now?

Most other tracks are 103 dB.

Really? The other tracks that Conference runs may be 103, but certainly not all (and I seriously doubt "most") other tracks in your country or ours. The trend as I understand it is for lowering the maximum. Laguna is 90-92, I believe Thunderhill is 92, and Mission is usually 95. So I'm grateful that somehow they've been able to increase that to 100 for the Conference weekend. But it will undoubtedly be strictly enforced, given the exception they've made.

Really wish I could come up, but my babysitter is still not walking up and down stairs and especially down her driveway. So I have to stay home. For those wondering, the babies are my kitty cats.

Sorry you can't make it Gail - :(

YIKES! 36 cars registered so far for Group 1. Mission track length is 1.2 miles, Seattle's Pacific is 2.3 miles ... so 36 cars on our little track is like 72 cars on Seattle's ... holy schmoly ...

Sorry Bonnie,

Although Laguna Seca has some draconian sound limits based upon hour and day, for the Runoffs they are returning to a more manly mode:

For race days, the sound limit for every class, including SRF, is 103db. Full sound information is available in the event Supplemental Regulations as well as on the event home page at www.scca.com/runoffs

And unless its changed, Pacific Raceway is/was 103 dB as was Portland. Portland for sure cause one overcast morning we blew a 105 dB in the Reynard due to the muffler losing most of its packing. Had to buy a repack kit from Armadillo to solve the problem.

Last edited:
Back