ICSCC Class Specific Forums?

Not sure if this existed in the older forum, but should we have class specific sub-forums for all the conference race classes? Seems like a good idea... and apologies if this was already in the words :)

This did not exist in the other forum. I thought about possibly creating a forum for the OW folks, as they have issues/topics of discussion that are unique to them AND they're a minority in the car counts, but for now, at least, I don't think we should. We are supposed to be a community and I think it's good for all "sides" to see discussions that are unique to OW/CW or specific classes. Helps us "peak over the wall," as it were.

vBulletin also has a feature for ignoring threads, so there's that, too.

AND being a minority has what to do with seperate sub-forums? Would you actually have the room to do that Steve? Seems like a lot of space is required for that sort of specialization, which Danielle often said was an issue.
Of course we have a new server now right?
Oh by the way, you could also 'peek over the wall'.

Although we don't have the 8,000 plus members of the Apexspeed Forum, it's broken down into the 10 (yes 10) flavors (classes) of open wheel cars raced in the USA. Having sections on ICSCC for EACH class might be a bit much.

On the other hand, having a section for the 7 (including novice) run groups might be worthy in the long run if our members begin using this mighty much better Forum.

1. General
2. Each run group 1 to 6
3. Getting Started - Novice
4. Course workers section
5. Buy/sell
6. Rules Change Proposals

If the Forum gets more widely known, the "getting started - novice" title of that might draw inquiries as to how to get in the game :)

I kinda like what we've got now, I don't have to go checking under a bunch of different sub forums to see what people are talking about. Thats why we have different discussion threads. I think creating more sub-forums would just lead to the same conversation taking place in more than one place at a time. We did that on the old board when we had 2 or 3 discussion threads going on the same topic.

I kinda like what we've got now, I don't have to go checking under a bunch of different sub forums to see what people are talking about. Thats why we have different discussion threads. I think creating more sub-forums would just lead to the same conversation taking place in more than one place at a time. We did that on the old board when we had 2 or 3 discussion threads going on the same topic.

+1 agreed

Back