Father's Day? Red Fleece Ferrari Jacket with Schumacher Autograph!

Bonnie

Bonnie Healy
So here's the thing ...

At the inaugural Formula One race in Indianapolis in 2000, I was lucky enough to make it onto the flagging team. While doing a walkabout on the Thursday beforehand, I happened to be in front of the pagoda as Michael Schumacher was exiting. I zipped over to him as he was about to get onto his scooter, dragging out my Ferrari fleece jacket as I ran. I got there breathless and said, "Michael, will you sign my jersey?" He was putting the key into the scooter and I thought he was going to ignore me, but then ... he said yes! And autograph it he did!! Then he went on to win the race!!! Sadly, since then, other than a couple of outings to impress my racing friends in the early days, it's been sitting in my closet. (Even sadder now with Michael being in the condition he is in.)

I decided it needed a new home where it can be showcased - or a new owner who will wear it!! - and so I advertised on our local Craigslist and Kijiji sites. Alas, no takers. So I got thinking ... is there someone in Conference who would treasure it?

I'll attach the ad (with pictures), and if anyone's interested, let me know - I could bring it down to Seattle this weekend. It would be a great Father's Day gift! (It's a men's large.)

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collecti...fan/600625976?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Bonnie
Will you be in Portland this coming weekend?
If so, I'm interested.
If not, I'm still interested.
Logistics tbd...

Oh Bonnie...wish you would have told me about this when we were working Turn 6 at PR! I would love to buy that off of you. Schumi is my favorite driver!!!!! Let me know if you still have it available. :)

Oh geez you guys, sorry! The jacket is currently driving down to Portland as we speak, although not in my arms, but in the arms of Ann Peters ... and unfortunately she will be delivering it to the arms of a certain well-known Mazda driver who beat you to it! I should have modelled it at the drivers' meeting in Seattle and auctioned it off to the highest bidder! :)

I can send you autographed pictures of Michael autographing the jacket for me though if you like! (Only they'd be autographed by me ... heh ...)

(Actually it breaks my heart that he's in the condition he's in, it seems surreal.)

Back