Fs: 1987 - porsche 944 (red)

Coley Tipton

So like many of us suffering from ADD (Automotive Deficit Disorder), one race car is never enough. I’ve stumbled upon a vintage race project I’d like to tackle. In order to do so however, I’d need to free up a lot of floor space in the shop. So my little red attention getter needs to go.

1987 – Porsche 944 (non-S) (non-turbo), 126,000 miles. This car was obviously well cared for its whole life, garaged, pampered, etc. It literally hadn’t seen rain for 20 years until I bought it. I intended to turn it into a track day car, but have taken no steps in that direction yet. There are a couple very minor dings, and one more noticeable scratch that came from a bracket in my trailer. #^&$&@$ fortunately, it's on a flat surface, and I have a bottle of factory chip repair paint in glove box. Other than that, the paint glows, and the interior will impress any young lady that you happen to meet because well, it’s a red Porsche. It does exactly what it’s supposed to do. In fact it’s the first sports car I’ve owned that finally attracts the attention of more ladies than fellas. My girlfriend says she won’t miss this car one bit.

Make no mistake, this is a 27 year old car. There are things I would update if I kept it. The hatch and hood lift-rams don’t always hold like they should. (about $70) The chip guards dried and cracked a bit from whatever the detailers used to clean them. ($100 for a new set) I imagine if I own it a few more weeks, I will have all three of those items will be rectified. Overall though, I’ve been pretty impressed with the car.

According to Nada, I should be asking as much as $9500 for this prized cherry. Sadly, I don’t have the gold plated glove box panel signed by Steve McQueen, so I think I’ll start at $6,000/OBO.

I do have some better pictures somewhere on my laptop. Will add when found..

Thanks for looking. Carry on.

Feel free to shoot me an email if you're forum shy; Ceattleracer @ hot mail . c o m

Attachments

• 944 ext.jpg
    944 ext.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 365
  • 944 int.jpg
    944 int.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 375
I must be honest, I'm not at all interested in the Porch.
I am, however, curious about the "vintage race project".
Fess up, kid, what's in your pocket!

South East Mike? Like Ecuador? Or Angola? No. Although I am lucky enough to have a significant other who works for an International Air Cargo company, i will not be taking advantage of reduced shipping rates as the car I want resides right here in King County. But I must be BRiEf about that. I may not disclose my plans DAT-Soon.

As for the "porch." I ordered new hood and hatch shocks yesterday, so forget I said anything about that. $6089/obo now. Kidding.

LOL.... I was thinking more like North Carolina :) There was an old Run Offs winning car that is heading to the Northwest .

I've seen this car it is beautiful shape. Paint pops out at you and the interior looks new. Mechanically, well it's a Porsche, they run forever. Very low miles and pampered life lived

Back