Craiglist Add -1979 Van Diemen Formula Ford

This is a decent deal. For the time and money to get it to the track you are probably better off buying Wes Tipton's car in the next thread down. Not to say that this couldn't be done for less money, but if I had the funds I would get the turn key car that's already a steal. I can't believe Wes' car is still available. Good Craigslist find though.

Charlie is correct.....the Crossle is hands down a better way to go. Anyone considering this car should make sure the transmission is a proper hewland mk9, not a stock VW. That the 1600cc engine has a dry sump system and a proper clutch and exhaust are included......even with all that in place the Crossle is still a better deal

I know this car. The seller is a great guy but this car does need a fair chunk of TLC. If you want a project it's a good start. I don't think it's a Hewland box, unless he's done stuff since I last saw it. There's at least one fabricator who has seen it who might chime in. I agree that Wes's Crossle would get you to the grid quicker.

Josh, you are clueless my friend. The frame is good, the shocks and brakes are good, and all she needs is a bottom end freshening. Might be a good idea to say nothing since you know nothing about my car...
BTW Tim, I appreciate your input, but it does not need a fair amount of TLC. I have spent over 10 grand on motor, suspension and upgrade the last 5 or 6 years. Where do you guys come up with this stuff anyway? And yes it IS a Hewland box.

Clueless is not paying attention to which thread you are reading. I didn't realize you were selling an incomplete 79 Van Diemen. Never made any mention to your car.

Besides which, I am not clueless. I've prepared more race and championship cars in CF than anyone else in the last 2 decades. Fact.

Wes....i have to agree that there is a error in judgement here and the other thread.....there is a clear distinction between YOUR Crossle 32 and the '79 Van Diemen.....here in Canada we say, "oops, I F*&^%$d up". OR...."It must be the drugs".
Your friend Bob Williams.....still.

Wes, I was talking about the Van Diemen needing TLC and about it's box internals, ***not*** your Crossle, which as far as I know is the quicker way to the grid - like I said.

I was trying to be complimentary. This is why I don't post/visit often. Sayonara.

Just when I think it is okay to throw a temper tantrum, I find out I was off in la-la land. This thread had sorta morphed into a chat about my car, and I didn't look at the cross postings as I should have. Sorry Tim, and Josh, I shouldn't come here with bronchitis and temp of 100. It obviously affected my thinking just a TAD.
Thanks for waking me up Bob, I appreciate that. I owe all of guys a beer, or three.

Back