CF for sale

westipton

I realize this is the wrong time of the year to be selling a race car, but I'll throw it out there anyway. Time to let go of some toys and grow my business, so my Crossle 32F that I have enjoyed immensely for the last 18 years needs a new home.
She has a fresh rebuilt Ivey head, but needs the lower end freshened. 2 sets of wheels, a brand new set of unmounted Goodyear inters for rain, 15 gear sets, spare nose, body and tail and assorted boxes of spare stuff.
The open trailer that goes with the car was custom built for this car, and has a tire rack. Asking $11,000 with trailer, or $ 9700.00 for the car only.
Contact me at westipton@Comcast.net.

Thanks

Thanks for all of the posts in regard to this stupendous deal - and Merry Christmas my friends !!!

Missed the post Wes, I was in Manila resuming my Rock and Roll career after a 37 year break

For those of you unaware......the Crossle 32 is the gold standard of Club Ford......and it is a rare day that one of these can be had for The price of a Spec Miata. If you are curious about formula car racing, it would be hard to find a better deal.

If you want, higher g's in the corners, drastically reduced brake distances, quicker corner exits, acceleration that puts most race cars to shame, reasonable running costs......and best of all your head in the air, looking at what your tires are doing with your can 1 inch off the racing surface.....oh yea and you do not need a giant tow vehicle ..... Go to the bank and buy this thing.

A modern comparison http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pQirdJpd48M&desktop_uri=/watch?v=pQirdJpd48M

Well in the Philippines the Company Xmas party is a big deal......so when I was presented with a play list I could not really say no. But rather than play base I decided to debut my guitar and yes.....vocal skills..... So 37 years after my last performance, we started with Personal Jesus.....and closed as always with Born to be Wild.....actually enjoyed it

Wes
Sorry to hear that you're getting out of Group 3!
I will miss the opportunity to learn from you as you go by.

Also, I agree with everything Greg said about openwheel racing.
I don't know anything about being a musician so I can't comment on that stuff.
I've always had a suspicion that he was a base-ist but didn't know he played the bass too. LOL

I am not planning to leave racing Trout, just taking another step back and deciding what the future may hold for me.
I had an interesting chat with Allen White the other night Greg at the local pub about his experience with the band YES and his distinction of being one of the best drummers ever. Very low key and humble, but obviously immensely talented. He usually pops in, has one Stella and leaves, but that night he had 3 and we chatted for an hour. He knows everybody from Tom Jones to Paul McCartney to Peter Noon, so it was pretty cool.

Offer officially rescinded. I will not sell this car to anyone in the NW based on the recent input from certain 'friends'.

WOW.....this got out of hand quick.....Wes...this is for you.....please read the threads a little closer my friend. The only mention of YOUR Crossle 32 was only positive in nature. The other car in a Van Diemen that is in desperate need of lots of TLC. I'm sure everyone here will agree that this has been an error in communication. Party at Wes'. haha

So far I have talked to people from Michigan, California, Arizona, Portland and England. The offers range from 9 grand to 12 grand, but no solid offers yet.
I have come to terms with selling my baby, but dealing with these guys has been brutal.
The fellow from England says Crossles are so sought after that they sell for big bucks in 2 or 3 days over there. He made an offer for 12,500 for car and trailer, but it makes me very nervous dealing with people overseas. Has anyone else had dealings like that?

Although it wasn't a race car, I sold and shipped a 68 Buick GS to Amsterdam a couple of years ago. The buyer's bank had wired funds to my account prior to my delivering the car to shipper. At some point there is a trust factor to a point on both sides unless you use a third party to handle the transaction.

I will definitely require payment before the car ships. I know bogus cashiers checks are often cleared by banks though, and then guess who gets stuck with that mess!
So once the funds are transferred and verified I can her down to the dock. Be kinda cool seeing this car go back home to the British Isles!

I sold my Lola to a guy in New Zealand, I think we had to empty the gas tank to ship it, also needed to document/notarized the bill of sale or log book. Payment was made via a bank wire transfer and the car was then picked up at my house by a transport agent who delivered it to the shipping agent.....the transaction was over for me as soon as the money was transferred, pretty easy.

Car and trailer are off to Albuquerque, NM with all spares except the rains. Apparently it NEVER rains there. That must be nice...

Back