AMB Tranx160 Kart Transponder

Bossbill

LoCoFoMoCo Racing
This is the yellow, kart transponder. Physically it looks just like our red transponders, but they are for kart use.
It is battery powered with both the 12V DC and 120V AC charging adapters.
Includes charging stand and used mount.

I have it plugged in right now to verify its charging capabilities and it's blinking red, per normal.
Last used 4 years ago and went 3 days with no issue.

These normally go for $175 used. I'll go that or offer/trade.
Looking for AIM Channel Expansion Hub or Weatherpack pro crimper (the real one -- the expensive one).

Bossbill (the at sign) comcast (dot net)

Last edited:
After 24 hrs on the charger the light is now green. This indicates it takes a proper charge
and is ready for duty.
Do note I have used this with a car, although timing and scoring always berated me for a "low signal".
Don't be a low signal guy ...

Bill Just for information.

Transponders are a type of transmitter. Then send a digital magnetic pulse instead of a radio frequency pulse. That is how the loop picks up the information.

You get berated by T&S because of the differance between the Car transponder and the Kart transponder.

A Car transponder has a little over twice the power output then the Kart transponder. (Think differance between a .22 and a .45 cal pistol).

That is why in the install instructions it tells you to install the car transponder no more then 24" above ground with clear space between it and the ground.

A Kart transponder is installed no more then 12" above ground.

Install the kart lower and then maybe T&S will leave you alone. ha ha

I'll bring this to the Ridge, if anyone is interested.
I don't think my silver/black/orange RX-7 is hard to spot.

Back