It works...here's another test...

440810177_oe8sh-M.jpg

440788005_fMU7m-M.jpg

440791063_gpWdK-M.jpg

440838346_9atHM-M.jpg

That's nice!

Curtis

Last edited:
I am going to ask that people use a little common-sense restraint with pictures/attachments, though, as they eat up a ton of space in the database. Thanks.

RANDY,

The full image is over 4 Meg and my E-mail doesn't like it.

If you give my your address I'll burn a copy for you. Either post here or send address to:

RJB99@AOL.COM

P.S. I tried to send and it seemed to kick back because of size. But check your mail.

Rick

Last edited:
I will only guess that links to sites are ok?

Certainly. I'm working on making it so that attachments (of all types) are stored in the file system rather than the DB, but a couple things are preventing that at the moment. I just want to ensure that we don't eat up all our DB space with pictures and stuff. :)

Certainly. I'm working on making it so that attachments (of all types) are stored in the file system rather than the DB, but a couple things are preventing that at the moment. I just want to ensure that we don't eat up all our DB space with pictures and stuff. :)

I've now enabled this feature so that attachments no longer eat up space in the database. While this means I will be less... twitchy about file attachments, please do continue to use common-sense judgment when deciding whether and how to post pictures and other attachments.

Thanks.

Steve,

I think there's a way you can 'control' the picture situation in vB.

On Apexspeed (a vB board), we are limited to a maximum of 2.0 Meg of pictures for each user. If you find a way to do that, I think 1.0 (or 1.5) meg per user here would be plenty. With proper sizing to 640 x 480 most pics are well under 100Kb each.

If people run out, they can go back and find old pics and remove them to get space back.

Yes, I certainly can do that, but I'd prefer not to if I don't have to. With the small number of users we have and the huge amount of file storage available, we'll probably be alright, so long as we don't all go hog-wild uploading pictures every 5 minutes.

As with most things on this board, I'd rather trust folks' judgement until they give me a reason not to.

Back