Error in published 2013 rules

schwank

Code X Motorsports
I see the final 2013 rules have been published to the ICSCC website. PRO44 was officially ratified as a permanent class for the 2013 season and we have indeed been included in the official 2013 Competition Regulations with our class rules published as rule 1326.

However... the following rule at the head of Section 13 defines the available classifications yet omits the newly adopted PRO44. In theory this rule should be automatically adjusted whenever a class is added to keep it in sync, otherwise we have an official class ruleset that is not technically 'approved for competition'.

Section 13 said:
There shall be sixteen (16) categories approved for competition:
Production, GT, Improved Production, Sports Racing, Formula,
Improved Touring, PRO-7, PRO-3, Spec Miata, Club Spec Miata, Radial
Sedan, American Sedan, Super Production, Club Rabbit, Honda
Challenge and Sport Touring. At all times, the burden of proof of car
classification, model, options etc. shall be on the driver and/or owner
rather than the Conference. There shall be no classification changes
after the Spring Meeting prior to the coming season.

Easy to miss for sure. Can you tell I just spent three days reviewing RFP criteria and writing a massive proposal against it? I have legal eagle eyes at this moment. ;)

Not only is that a good catch, but I'm pretty sure the E-Board elected to remove the hyphens from "PRO-7" and "PRO-3," as well. (Would be in keeping with the changes to the entry form.) I've passed this along to Dave Bennitt.

Eric,
Good catch. Unfortunitely the rules books are in print. I can have the rules changed on the website later this week.
Thanks for finding this oversight. I may use you next year to proff read the rules and PNP.

Thanks,
Dave Bennitt

Way to grab the details... we need to sync on calendar this year and figure out what races we are going to have a good showing at!

Plan on Spokane. We have re-worked our schedule for 2013, per revised ICSCC regulations, that allow us to pack even more racing into our three day event!

So if you guys want the maximum amount of track time and races........plan on Spokane.

Eric,
Good catch. Unfortunitely the rules books are in print. I can have the rules changed on the website later this week.
Thanks for finding this oversight. I may use you next year to proff read the rules and PNP.

Thanks,
Dave Bennitt

"Proff" good one Dave!

Back