PRO3 News

Here is the original 1964 poster we patterned a little of the current poster after.

1964PacificRacewaysposter_zpsd6d7bf95.jpg

Where any of you long timers at this event?

From the article: "to participate in the Intercontinental Sports Car Challenge (ICSCC) BMW Pro3 Series"

Wait, the what-now?

From the article: "to participate in the Intercontinental Sports Car Challenge (ICSCC) BMW Pro3 Series"

Wait, the what-now?

I read that article last year when it came out, I noticed the same thing. I don't think fact checking is high on the editors list of things to do.

Greetings all,

PRO3 will be having TWO open houses on Saturday, May 4. Take your pick!

In the morning we'll have PRO3 cars and drivers at Griots Garage in Tacoma as part of their monthly Caffeine and Gasoline roll-in car show. If the weather is nice, they will pack their parking lot with an eclectic variety of customer cars. We'll be there from 8am-11am. We'll have the PRO3 cars on display, and drivers are available to answer questions about local amateur road racing.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/events/caffeine+gasoline.do

NEXT, we'll take the trailers up I-5 to BMW Northwest in Fife for a 1pm-3pm Open House at the dealership. BMW Northwest have stepped up in 2013 to be the Premier Sponsor for PRO3.

Both of these events are to promote the Spring IRDC race at Pacific Raceways the following weekend.

For additional info on PRO3, visit the web site: www.PRO3-Racing.com

And if you do Facebook, click the Facebook link on the PRO3 web site to "Like" PRO3.

See you at the track!

Lance Richert
PRO3 #35

PRO3 news for 2014...

BMW Northwest, Toyo Tires and the other PRO3 sponsors are back for 2014 running the same programs. The support in 2013 equated to $123 per PRO3 entry.

We're going to print with the 2014 Schedule Poster and will have these out for distribution in a couple of weeks.

Thanks to Matt Ferbrache for the design, and Doug Berger for the awesome action shot.

Also, we've launched a fresh web site, check it out. www.PRO3-Racing.com and thanks to James Colborn for doing the redesign!

These posters are now at the following locations if you want to pick up a hard copy. Will also have at ICSCC events.

Distribution Locations:
425 Motorsports, Bellevue
Accuracy Automotive, Gig Harbor
Accurate Engines, Lynnwood,
Auburn Foreign Car, Auburn
BMW Bellevue, Bellevue
BMW Northwest, Tacoma
BMW Portland, Portland
Broad Stroke Associates, Snohomish,
Car Tender, Seattle
DynaSport, Portland
Eastside Bavarian, Issaquah,
NW European Autowerks, Bellingham
Griot’s Garage, Tacoma
Group 2 Motorsports, Magnolia,
Haury’s Lake City Collision, Seattle,
Pro-Tek Automotive, Portland
South Lake European, Renton
Strictly BMW, Bellevue
WestWerks Automotive, Redmond,

Pleased to report that PRO3 will be racing at the SOVREN Pacific NW Historics July 4-6 at Pacific Raceways.

PRO3 will have their own featured run group and will be running under PRO3 rules. Ken Hill will serve as the steward for this event, so Bob Mearns can drive!

Toyo Tires have agreed to include three of the five races from the weekend for Toyo Bucks eligibility, so if we can hit 30 cars that will equal $3,300 in Toyo Bucks ($1,100 per race).

Very cool guys! I'd love to see this kind of promotion in the Formula Ford class, but somehow I don't think Crossle is going to pony up to promote my 1979 35F.

Only one way to reply to that -

Thank you for your service! Everyone talks about freedom, but those who are willing to risk all to insure Liberty is a practice rather than a concept have my undying gratitude and respect.

Only one way to reply to that - Thank you for your service!......

Thanks Rick - Might seem a little old fashioned but I do appreciate that. My Dad "risked all" in WWII and Korea so I sorta learned it from him. He offered to get my in to the National Guard when my time came but, I just said no I OWE my country four years.

Guys and Gals,

Bimmer Magazine will have a writer attending the IRDC event at The Ridge on Saturday. His name is Randy Wells and he is doing a story on PRO3.

I've told him to find the worker's meeting at 8:00am to check in and let the appropriate folks know he wants to shoot images of PRO3 from somewhere on the track to accompany the article, and he will be directed to a safe location to shoot.

http://www.bimmer-mag.com/

thanks,

Wonderful. Thomas can probably use another flagger. T8 will give a great impression of what the PRO3 story looks like on track. ;)

Local E30 Enthusiast Owen Craft from Anacortes spent the summer creating a documentary on the BMW E30 called Respect Your Elders. Owen is currently a Sophomore at UW. PRO3 get a little attention in the middle of flick, it is on Vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/107437867

A reminder to PRO3 drivers that your completed form to be eligible for the BMW Northwest $250 payouts and the Accurate Engine Raffle are due to me this Saturday, November 15. Top 10 in points also need to send in the form in order to be eligible for the $500 payouts from BMW Northwest.

Contact me off line if you need the application form.

thanks!

Congratulations to Bob Mearns, winner of the Accurate Engine raffle for 2014. His prize is a fresh and rebuilt PRO3 engine from Accurate Engines.

Back