rogerjune5lr.jpg

For Sale: 1986 Reynard F2000
SF86-280

Good
Van Diemen Rear Wing
Stock Van Diemen Diffuser (modified)

Spares / Parts
- 3 Sets of wheels
- First Set 1 Race weekend tires (9" Rears)
- Second Set 3 Race weekend tires (8" Rears)
- 3rd Set Rains (Fronts almost done rears are alright)
- Seat Mold and Spare Whale Tale
- 20+ Gear Sets in 2 cases
- Pace Dry Sump oil pump
- Fuel Cell
- Shear Plates Front and Rear (New)
- Hewland Adapter plate (New)
- Rear Rocker Arm (Used)
- Front Rocker (Just rebuilt)
- Misc Tie-rods front and rear (New / Used)
- CV-Joint
- Couple sets of Brake Pads (New / Used)
- Fuel Pump
- Timing / Oil Belts (New)
- Engine gasket kits (New)
- Steel Oil Pan
- 2 Spare Heads
- Block Crank and most parts for a Spare motor
- Muffler and Straight pipe exhausts
- Choice of Springs

Bad
- Needs new floor
- Paint Needs a refresh (4 seasons old)

$8K Car is Located in Calgary Canada
email quickmag@shaw.ca

Also Available for $2200 Triple adj Penskes (8760) Remote Reservoir setup complete with dyno sheet from Stimola

May separate Shocks and Gears if the whole package does not sell.

reynardparts12lr.jpg

reynardparts11lr.jpg

reynardparts07lr.jpg

reynardparts10lr.jpg

reynardparts05lr.jpg

reynardparts04lr.jpg

reynardparts02lr.jpg

reynardparts01lr.jpg

Floor Damage
img2079pg.jpg

Last edited:
If you get it, throw the Whale Tail away!! NOBODY uses them any more. Very, very heavy and not 'neat'. Wish there were some shots sans body work. Looks like a good car at a fair price.

Doesn't look like it had any skid plates on it.

In regards to the video from Spokane this year, the parts where this car actually gains on the other FC's in the field on the straights shows how fast a car this is, especially for how much older it is than the mygale and van dieman's. Would be an excellent car for anyone looking to get into FC in this area. Expanding class, already with at least three and up to five or more new drivers in ICSCC for 2013, there should always be somebody to run with. Can't find a better value out there than these reynards. I really hope someone from conference snatches this up and the car stays in the area.

If you get it, throw the Whale Tail away!! NOBODY uses them any more. Very, very heavy and not 'neat'. Wish there were some shots sans body work. Looks like a good car at a fair price.

Doesn't look like it had any skid plates on it.

Whale tail included for when the car finally becomes vintage and somebody wants to put it back to original. But yes the whale tail is a very very big paper weight.

If you look at the far right of the damage pic you can see whats left of the skid bar something about slowing down from 85MPH on it wore thru it pretty quick.

New front skid bar is on and the belly pan will be replaced before next season if nobody purchases the car.

Will get some more pics this weekend as i am headed to where the car stays during the winter.

In regards to the video from Spokane this year, the parts where this car actually gains on the other FC's in the field on the straights shows how fast a car this is, especially for how much older it is than the mygale and van dieman's. Would be an excellent car for anyone looking to get into FC in this area. Expanding class, already with at least three and up to five or more new drivers in ICSCC for 2013, there should always be somebody to run with. Can't find a better value out there than these reynards. I really hope someone from conference snatches this up and the car stays in the area.

Are you saying it wasn't my great driving skills?

I love the first race video purely for the fact i miss every apex for the first 4-5 laps i was just so excited to be racing again i forgot how to drive.

MAN I wish our 1989 and 1990 Reynards were back here... sigh. But they went back to Michigan where they started racing... sigh.

Nobody out here was interested in buying TWO Reynards for $12,000. Once back home the 1989 won the SCCA Central Division CFC class for 2012.

Considering my son bought them on a "FIRE SALE" for $6,000, he did okay. Air Force Major was going to Korea for 3 years and wanted to dump them fast.

1979, 1983, 1985 and 1986 F2000's have all run in the SOVREN exhibition class over the last couple of years. These early Formula Continentals can be had for Spec Miata money and have been clocked at 1:45.1 at ORP (Tracy Dye) and I turned a 1:28.1 at Spokane during the 2011 SOVREN race in my 1985 Swift. Wings, plus 2 g's in the corners, plus 140 mph top end, basically stock motors that only break if they runout of oil or water......or you decide not to tighten the valve adjusting nuts after reving them over 8000.......hands down the biggest bang for your racing buck.

......or you decide not to tighten the valve adjusting nuts after reving them over 8000.......

Steve Litske replaced a broken valve rocker when he over reved (8,000 plus) at Pacific one weekend. When he told me what happened in the pits as I walked by, I ALMOST said, you BETTER have Ivey look at that before you run it again, but I didn't.

Next session, he made 3/4 of a lap and a rod came through the block.

I highly recommend an MSD rev limiter or a rev limiting rotor (Ivey).

The Pinto (and the Kent) are very reliable engines but they don't like BIG over-revs. I'm sorta surprised nobody out here has gone for a Zetec powered FC yet.

Last edited:
Cost is the problem with th zetec. As long as a pinto has oil and water it will run almost forever........I know of only five failures, two from water, one from oil and the 2 from?.......3 of the five are from the same driver......go figure

Looks nice under the body too :)

It's actually quite amazing how little Adrian changed between this model and the 'final version' being the 1987 to 2001. Rockers and front/reat beams were the major changes.

Unique parts for this model are mostly handled by International Racing Products. Averill carry's the 'generic' stuff.

Need somebody to step up to this car before it ends up on a boat to New Zealand or Australia!!

Well due to a total lack of commitment from local drivers car is back on the market earlier than expected.

See first post for details.

Back