'67 Mustang GT or SPO or Vintage racer

HayesCages

Moving into a formula car soon and need to sell this before doing so:
1967 Mustang FB, original 289 4 spd, deluxe interior car. Was Midnight Blue/black interior. Now gutted with 10 pt cage, white exterior. Very gutsy 351 w/Shelby dual plane intake (C9OX-9424A Buddy Bar). Heads: roller rockers, screw in studs, mild porting, 1.94" intakes, 1.60" exhaust valves. Block: .030" over KB pistons (11.25:1), shaved .025 for proper squish, Eagle rods, knife edged 10/10 high nodular crank with stud girdle, .560 lift cam, 11 qt. sump, modified oil system, ARP bolts used throughout. Howe Racing al. rad., big oil cooler, all Aero-quip -12 lines, all AN fittings, Accu-sump, Holley fuel pump, full gauges.

And a lot more... 9" diff. with 2.75, 3.25 and 3.55 gear sets (Started out with the 3.55's then went quicker with the 3.25's, the engine has gobs of torque), 28 spline axles, front disc brakes (stock 4 pot), modified upper A arms, rear disc brakes (front Probe discs), 15/16" front bar and 5/8" rear, Koni shocks, 8 and 10" wheels, 22 gallon fuel cell in steel can, stock 4 spd trans, large driveline, 10 lb Al. flywheel, sintered bronze disc, 750# front springs, 200# re-rolled rear springs, MSD AL7 ignition system, etc, etc, etc. Oh yeah, modified Holley 750 DP with quick change jet plates.
I'm sure there's more I can't remember at this time. Like the Shelby tail section and Cougar Eliminator hood scoop. Oh, and the replaced floorpans back in the 90's. Has 2-speed electric fan for street use...
I have WA. classic car plates on it and have driven it to the track many times. To be completely street legal you'd only need to add a horn. Has head/tail/brake lights and turn signals.

Here's a youtube link from inside at the old SRP track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaFx5tDN0iQ

Bad points are: engine needs freshened (what this means is rings, bearings, oil pump, gaskets) it's been together since 2002 but only had 3 races on it but a lot of street time. There is some rust in the rear quarters so they'd need to be replaced. Paint is from the early 90's and is doable but not show quality. Belts are expired as well.

Not too many cars will out-run this down the straights, if you like going fast this is for you!

Price reflects the need for about $5k in work to go vintage racing: $15k or best reasonable offer.

I've owned this car since 1984 so know a little about it. Still have the original chassis book from the dealer as well.
If you want to know more just let me know.
Thanks for looking!
Lawrence

Last edited:
Mustang Engine bay 002.JPGHayes Mustang Seattle 2007.jpgPhone number is 208-255-4019...
Delivery within 300 miles available.

Last edited:
Back