Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reducing race weekends and other changes

It was hyperbole on my part, but my point is that clubs can --and have-- host races at tracks in another club's territory (with permission).
    My favorite racing quote: Jan Magnussen, when asked by a reporter how he could be "so brave" on the racetrack, replied, "I've had hospital food; it's not so bad."

Steve, I believe that your are correct. When I started racing in 1988 TC hosted a race @Olympia. We gor kicked out of Olympia after the 89 race by the FCC/politics. We then hosted a race in the Tri-cities. Both events had to be aproved by the Conference board.
    As for the weather, I remember the first year @ Mission, a race weekend with 106+ in the shade. One race weekend @Oly was 104, I have been to SIR with 100+, PIR 105+, Weather is part of racing rain or shine. G
    To the men and women in WHITE. Thank You for being there.

To provide for any permanent changes in the geographic distributions that is correct, Dave. But it's much simpler than that for more than one club to use a common track.

Any club has the ability to permit another club to operate at a track within their territorial scope. It's simple communication and cooperation between clubs to create and provide a schedule to the Exec. Bd. as they do every year.

You might remember that TC ran ICSCC qualified DTs @ PIR for many years. Each year that particular component of the schedule was formally allowed by CSCC's BoD. Also, co-sanctioning with another ICSCC member club is allowed as we have seen in the past at Spokane and more recently with that SCCBC/CSCC sorta thing they did.

It doesn't need to be complicated, just communicated.
    Last edited by Ken Killam; 13 Oct 2012 at 11:44 PM.
    OT Disclaimer: Of course, for matters of security, all off-topic views expressed here are free, and of my own "HIGHLY DANGEROUS, and totally untested!" perception.