WTB: Used FF rains

planb

Gary Poole
I'll make my yearly pitch: I'd like to find some used (but still usable) FF rains to replace the ones I have that originally were on a Roman chariot. I'm in Spokane, but could arrange for pickup in the Seattle area.

Gary,
Contact Rick Lovell at Monte Shelton Motors in Portland. Here is the number 503 224-3232.
Ken Dye

If that doesn't work, you can always call John Berget. He collects good (as in no more then 2 or three heat cycle slicks and rains from all the major SCCA nationals in the midwest and northeast) and resells them.

For example, a set of front and rear drys for an FC from him cost about $270 including shipping to your front door. Call him and tell him what you need and if he has them in stock, you'll see them in about a week.

Berget Tires (262) 740-0180

We got several sets from him in past years including a SINGLE heat cycle set from the SCCA runoffs.

Last edited:
Thanks Richard. I did contact Berget last year and they didn't have anything available. I need to try again.

I want to give a big thanks to Trout for donating some tires and Ken Dye and Tracy Dye for getting the tires to me! Thanks so much!
Gary

Gary
Don't mention it.
I'm still racing on tires that others have taught how to go fast and now I'm teaching how to go not so fast.
And, by the way, I hope you never have to use the rains!! LOL

Sorry Trout but I had to mention it! Getting those tires helped me buy brand new slicks for the Spokane race! And I really like racing in the rain, I just don't like spending all weekend at a rainy racetrack!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Tracy mentioned that if my old rains were "blue streak" Goodyears that somebody might want them. They are. Price is free.

Back