My favorite part of the season caught on camera... And what's yours?

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
It was something more than winning a championship, more than doing my first enduro and more than beating Rick (I can't help myself dude).

I had my first engine failure of the 2011 season during practice at Mission. The E Crew was very nice and very gentle in towing the car back (didn't even break the zip tie that keeps my tow strap from flapping!). After my car rolls back under my tent in the paddock I'm feeling dejected, thinking it's a major failure but knowing I need to inspect further. I go in the van to change out of my gear and when I emerge I arrive at this picture below.

There was Rick, Roldan, Curt, Eric and Tucker all digging through the car already working on the diagnosis. That's right, 5 of my in-class competitors are already underneath the hood trying to diagnose and repair to get me back on track. I know something like this is a rare occurrence in racing on all levels but in conference, it seems pretty common. We came to find out that the problem was the screw holding on the distributor rotor had backed out. It could have taken me hours to find this stupid little failure but with their help I only missed one session.

This moment is a part of conference I cherish and the hospitality shown to me by my fellow competitors is a debt I look forward to repaying throughout 2012 and beyond. Thank you guys.

SAM_0954.jpg

So what was your most memorable experience in Conference in 2011?

p.s. a little something for fun:

55482942.jpg

OMG Colin, that is pricless.

But you are so right....."lending a hand is the norm for Conference". We have some pretty classy racers.

It's just that you have a really nice tent, I considered walking over there myself! Didn't even know the car was broken..

:)

Back