Cascade 8 Hour Enduro - October 15 - Portland - Why I Am In!

I hope it rains, I bought a brand new white gore-tex coat and black gore-tex pants. I can't wait to try them out...

But, only during practice - so as not to screw up anyone's race!

Lower that temp by 10 degrees and mix in a 50% chance of moisture. But what the heck. It is October and it is the Enduro. Got to keep it interesting.

Staying awake and out of harm is interesting enough for me! Everyone know how much I love the rain!!! NOT!!!!!!! But thank God Team Two and a Half Men Racing, has the fastest rain racer in the area!! And it is not Conover!

The more, the merrier. Got to keep those worker BBQ parties entertained out there.

Yeah, about those: Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to concentrate in a long-winded stint when you can smell food cooking for most of a lap? The Turn 10 cook-out is the one that usually gets to me the most.

Yeah, about those: Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to concentrate in a long-winded stint when you can smell food cooking for most of a lap? The Turn 10 cook-out is the one that usually gets to me the most.

Sounds fair to me (grin). I have many memories of smelling BBQs going while working a corner and could not get to the source. Had to pay attention to my blue flagging with such smells warring through the air.

BBQs are one of reasons the DCR team is limiting drivers to about an hour each. More opportunities to graze and nap. L2 or Lunch squared. We even have a French Chef.

We are officially out. Found things that just tipped me over the edge in getting the car fixed for the race. Have fun everybody.

Also I think a couple guys that were going to drive still would like to if anybody is looking.

I hope I'm not jinxing you all but the forecast predicted rain for the last 10 days but today it says that Portland is suppose to be...

65 degrees and sunny!!!

Have fun everyone and good luck.

Back