Mission Race

Steve:

LOL!!!

>>With the exception of a few words, the automatic settings on this site are definitely R-rated, for example. <<

"Automatic settings"??????

"R-rated"??????

Do the automatic settings allow for cultural differences?

In my culture there are no "R-ratings", only marginal differences between incredible and bulls%#t.

................... gee, I hope I didn't trigger off the "automatic settings":p

J.C.

JC Rumer has it you finished your sessions with out breaking an axel, unlike Spokane, Congrats to you for that and if you only had a high temp problem I know that you had a REALLY GREAT weekend.

J.C. It's always a pleasure. It's hard to do better than a great smile.:D And that's one thing you possess. More of us shoulddiscover your secret, I think. And remember J.C. " Winning isn't everything, but making the effort too is".

>>J.C. It's always a pleasure. It's hard to do better than a great smile. And that's one thing you possess.<<

Thank you Bob; .......................... what a nice and kind thing to say. When I grow up I want to be just like you.

>>More of us shoulddiscover your secret, I think............................ <<

........................ my secret? Lots of fiber, don't wear underwear in the summer months and whatever your wife or girlfriend tells you, NEVER, submit or surrender to a body wax. It is painful; very painful.

>> ............... And remember J.C. " Winning isn't everything, but making the effort too is".<<

Every time I come out to the track and associate with racers and those who love racing, ............ is a big win.

Love and kisses;

J.C.

>> Rumer has it you finished your sessions with out breaking an axel, unlike Spokane, Congrats to you for that and if you only had a high temp problem I know that you had a REALLY GREAT weekend. <<

It was a great weekend, indeed. I didn't break anything, didn't hit anything or anyone and I believe I didn't piss off anyone.

I believe I will resolve the heating problem with a new thermostat.

We missed you Dave.

Thanks to all for such a great weekend. Thanks to all the workers who braved the sun and heat all weekend. The weather couldn't have been better, the racing was close and tight, and the border crossings were easy. Can't wait until next year!!!

I had lots of fun on the weekend in my first novice race (white integra). After talking with a few ST guys you may see me out with the ISCSS next year in my supecharged Miata in ITE or ST.

>>What???? You were stock piling the cones under the car quite well! <<

Oh I forgot!!

I actually took one cone for a two lap ride. My car wouldn't turn to the right very well for some reason. After the cone departed my right side suspension, ................... my car went like stink; ............ go figure!!

Tom Olsen yelled at me for, ......................... "modifying the race course". He was laughing the whole time he was "talking to me". Thank you Tom for being so ................................ understanding?

I had lots of fun on the weekend in my first novice race (white integra). After talking with a few ST guys you may see me out with the ISCSS next year in my supecharged Miata in ITE or ST.

It was very nice to meet you Aaron and it would be great to add another car to ST we are growing fast.

Nick

Also wondering about where to find pictures from last weekend?

Last edited:
Wow! Rick is soooo fast, he drives everything round right off his car. Glad Rick and CRX are otay!

Thanks Holly. But it turns out the CRX isnt so okay. The shower of gravel I dredged up ended getting inside my timing belt cover and jumping the belt several teeth and bending valves. Sucks to have a hub failure cause a motor failure.:mad:

But weather was fantastic and I had a great weekend anyway. I guess you just can't win them all.:wink:

R

Yes, thanks to SCCBC and all the others who made the trek to Canada to make our races happen. The weather was fabulous and there was some good racing going on. We really enjoyed spending the time with everyone.

Anyone have video of the end of Monday's gp5 race (esp. the 2nd restart), with a view of the battle between Kim and I? Unfortunately, my camera doesn't pick up the effect of running side by side from turn 1 to turn 4 (with cooled tires and unhappy brakes...). It was definitely intense, after doing about 4 laps under double-yellow, swapping positions on the restart, 2 hot and another 2 under double-yellow, then knowing the checker was coming out in 1-2 laps. Thanks to Kim for running tight and clean for a fabulous battle! I'm sure it's the most fun I've had all year!

Karen, I was in P4 at the time and did get video. It turned out very nicely, with the exception of John Cartwright's Civic blocking the view occasionally. I'm going on vacation until the end of the month and won't have time to post the video before I leave. I'll try to remember to put it up when I get back. Remind me if it's not online by October.

Fantastic weekend. Well run by the organizers, great weather, and some very fun racing. I enjoyed watching the other groups from the stands almost as much as I enjoyed racing myself. The PRO3 races in particular were great entertainment, you could have thrown a blanket over the top 5 for the majority of the weekend :).

Jordy

On behalf of the Sports Car Club of B.C. executive I wish to thank all of you who attended our Labor Day races; we appreciate the kind words many of you have expressed here.

Attendance was higher than we expected so we thank you for participating in such great numbers. As I mentioned during the Driver's meeting parking space came at a premium, but you, the drivers, made it work. You accepted a different spot from what you had requested, or maybe you had to work out of the back door of your trailer instead of the preferred side door, but you did it with a smile and that made our task easier.

We are excited about the soon-to-arrive ex-Champ Car safety truck, which comes fully equipped with ALL the bells and whistles, and makes yet further improvements to our E-crew equipment. We hope you will come and check it out at the next race.

Once again, thank you for making this race a success.

Michael Lensen,
President SCCBC

Mission Photos Posted

To answer Lance R., and for anyone else who is interested, our Mission photos are now posted. Sorry for the delay, but I was away most of the week. It was great to see such a large field there. Hopefully see you at Pacific in a couple of weeks.
Gerry F

And, of course, it might have been a good idea to say where to go to see the photos...
gerryfrechette.zenfolio.com

Great pics Gerry....just ordered a few. Is it possible to get a digital image for use with facebook, etc??

Bill-

After each race weekend PRO3 have a raffle drawing for gift certificates from our sponsors. I review these images to see which PRO3 cars are in compliance and eligible for the raffle.

Back