Bremerton Motorsports park

Safety 3/Radio Dave

This was sent to me, thought I would try and pass it on.

After years of hardly any tracks, are we now going to get two many? Looks like ALL
race groups need to start working more closer togerther earlier in the year for schudling.

This was spotted in the Seattle Times

From the Seattle Times.
Bremerton Motorsports Park move;

The current park must move to make way for a Port of Bremerton road project.

Bremerton Motorsports Park may grow to 250 acres
A lease agreement between the Port of Bremerton and Bremerton MotorSports Park is expected in the coming weeks. The deal would allow for the building of a 250-acre park near Bremerton National Airport that would include a quarter-mile drag strip and a demolition derby area with grandstands for 6,000 overlooking both; a winding, two-mile road course; facilities for motocross and go-carts; concessions; and more than 2,000 parking spaces. The current park --located on land BMP leases from the port -- must move because it's in the way of a road the port is building. Supporters hope to start building the $10 million park in a year or two, using funds raised by members of the BMP nonprofit organization.

--The Associated Press

Certainly an ambitious project trying to cater to just about everyone. Will all come down to ability to raise a lot of money. Would expect favorable lease from the city, but might be a tough sell given the progress at Shelton. Main users of current facilitiy are auto crossers.

Bill You say main users are auto crosser, you talking about Brem? The biggest user is Handlers (The stright line guys)
Oh, forgot about those crazies! Hell, they don't need 250 acres. A lot easier to find suitable space for drags. The autocross community would IMO be the biggest loser when BMP closes and nothing other than Packwood and the old Shelton airport runways are available.

Wow demolition derby! I've always wanted to do one of those, forgot all about them.. Do they do them anywhere currently? :D

That's funny Posner, but so true in your case! Well prety much any turn one to be exact!
Demo derby is so close to the hearts and minds of many Americans, but why is that? I assume because they can see the entire spectacle just like drags or roundy rounds. Sip a beer with the old lady and watch carnage, yee ha...

You guys know that NASCAR raced at Bremerton once upon a time, right?

The NASCAR GN race of August 4th, 1957 was run on the 0.9 mile road course (won by Parnelli Jones.)

Back