Final hurdle for new Shelton race track, your support needed

The hearing was well attended, probably over 100 supporters, with countless speaking on the record giving their support. There were a few NIMBY speakers, that in my opinion were understandable, but not necessarily persuasive. One even voiced her concerns about the possible psychological effects of the noise on the inmates at the nearby correctional center (prison), that was an interesting point at least.

There is one traffic question to resolve by end of business this coming Tuesday, when the examiner will close the comment period, and from then will have ten business days to issue the terms of the conditional use permit that will govern the operation of the business.

That's it.

Way to go guy's. I would have liked to have been there but had to go to Portland to work on some racer's radios

Will be looking for next weeks review.

Sherry Masterson did a good twitter which she shared on PDXracer, then summed up with "...traffic, noise and gophers."

I heard the track is built on the sole nocturnal mating grounds of the endangered pointed-ear spotted gopher. Is that true?

Disclaimer on the sign as you enter the facility: "No gophers were killed or injured during the making of this race track."

NASCAR has "Digger".

Back