Group 3 and 6 increase participation

Tim: August 5,6,7th. The 5th. is T/T. The V race is just for V's. Race on Saturday and on Sunday. Practice both days and qualifying both days. We will have our w/s updated after this weekend with most of the important info. www.unionracing.ca Can you sneak a 1200 into that car of yours? Probably not. We do however have rentals available. Need to know soon though. Lots of interest already and some verbal commitments. If everyone turns up there could be in excess of 30 cars. National, club and vintage are welcome. Dinner, prizes and a great time! Weather??? Bob

Bob,

I have been wanting to come to Mission to do a race and I was thinking this was part of a Conference weekend. Good luck with the event.

Tim

I have offered my CF to at least 4 different CW guys over the last few years.....

WARNING:

Topic of discussion at the last RATS meeting.....

If you do this on a race weekend BE SURE to have a seperate number and registration with T&S before the 'other driver' takes it out for a practice session.

If you let him go out in your car with 'your number' on it YOU are in serious violation of the T&S rules. Could have 'serious' consequences. Make it a 3 digit number if you want but its gotta be different then yours.

Same goes for anybody else 'trying out' a car on a race weekend.

OR, two people running the car in 2 different run groups. Can't do a drive through driver switch. Need to change numbers too.

Point is. the number BELONGS to the "driver".

Last edited:
At the Oregon Region SCCA race, groups 2 and 4 were combined. one car took the green flag. the other FF did not start, nor did the FB that qualified. I don't think I've ever seen a one car "race" before. what a waste. Made even sadder by the fact it followed a great SM race.

At the Oregon Region SCCA race, groups 2 and 4 were combined. one car took the green flag. the other FF did not start, nor did the FB that qualified. I don't think I've ever seen a one car "race" before. what a waste. Made even sadder by the fact it followed a great SM race.

Hey Rob, who won the SM race?

Pretty sad turnout at Portland. I think there were only 57 entries as of late Thursday and 16 of those were SM and about 10 or so SRF...I know weather was predicted to be bad, so no doubt kept numbers a bit low, but maybe Oregon trying to start the season too early perhaps. I don't know, but there are already 27 entries for ICSCC Race #1 end of April at PIR. Will be interesting to see how the SCCA numbers look for their April date. Don't know how much the $4.00 and up cost of fuel will effect turnouts this year. I would suspect racers more likely to stay closer to home if at all possible, unless you got the big $$'s......

Ditto Mike's question regarding the SM race. Thomas Micah(?) was on the pole. Another hot shot 16 year old!!!

Who in FF ran the race?

Who was the FB driver? I'm assuming this was a regional SCCA race? Because, if a National I would have expected at least 5 to 8 FB's to show up.

Just watched the Linse video linked in the other thread. Man.. talk about rain! If anybody was forwarned about the weather I'm not surprised at the 57 turn out especially if it was a regional race. Weather was ONLY fit for racing SM's or M1A1's :)

That was about as bad as an ICSCC early April Enduro or SOVREN's Defrost race gets.

Last edited:
Just playing catch-up and want to put in my 2c worth on the RF96 mono shock. I have one and the set up is very easy. Took some time getting data, asking around for help as not many people have spent time with them. The frame is larger than the RF97 so if you are on the bigger side its a good car - I am 6ft and 220# so no ballast lead required. If you can put it on the track for 11K its not a bad deal.

If you really dont like the monoshock there are conversion kits to convert to conventional. With the mono the turn in rate is terrific.

FV is the most fun for the money - 5 gallons of 94 octane and no rad leaks to worry about. The class is growing fast up in BC and spreading south..... rent one from Bob & Scott if you want to see what its all about.

See ya at the track

James

Back