ITA racers, we need to talk.... about having more fun!

colin_koehler

Great SCOTT!
Anybody who will be competing in ITA this year please post here about what race weekends you plan on attending.

One thing I came to realize last year is that racing is always more fun when there's lots of people in your class to compete against!

Lets see if we can coordinate as many weekends as possible to maximize our FUN this season.

Races I am definitely attending:

ORP Double May 28-30
Spokane Triple July 15-17

Races I typically attend due to convenience of location:

All Three Pacific Raceway races

Races that are up in the air:

The 3 PIR races and the 2nd ORP weekend

I know Tucker and Eric are in Portland so perhaps I trade a PR for another PIR or ORP or something like that. You guys get the point.

From the Great White North.......we sure would hate to see you miss one of SCCBC's weekends at Mission. It's a lot of fun.

Work permitting, I am hoping to attend the following:

1. All three races at Pacific Raceways (really, Frank!)

2. All races at Mission Raceway since my car is Canadian and I have a bunch of loonies that I need to use up.

3. Whenever PIR is convenient. Probably at least two races there.

4. I will try to make an ORP race at least once this year since I've heard nothing but good things about it.

That's my plan, at least. :)

Sorry, I can't quite commit to any races just yet. I've got to see how much money I have after I get a tow vehicle and trailer. :)

My goal is the following:
3 at PR
3 at PIR
3 at ORP
1 at Spokane

and i dont know if ill be in ITA or not this year. the car will be able to. if i am i will plan for the
3 at PIR
at least the double at ORP
and at least 1 PR

I will definitely be running a pretty good group 2 schedule as well as some early ITA events. My son will be driving my car in the Novice program and then after the 3 races, jump to ITA with me running SM....
I figure that way, there is a greater likelihood of destroying my tired OEM motor and finally getting something with a little "giddy up".....Makes perfect sense to me though my wife doesn't quite support the logic. Oh well,
and hopefully we can still run the Japanese Challenge at Pacific. That was fun until Jeff screwed it up for everyone...just kidding Jeff!!

Anybody who will be competing in ITA this year please post here about what race weekends you plan on attending.

One thing I came to realize last year is that racing is always more fun when there's lots of people in your class to compete against!

Lets see if we can coordinate as many weekends as possible to maximize our FUN this season.

Races I am definitely attending:

... Spokane Triple July 15-17...

Hi Colin,

Hoping to make it out from NC for the Spokane 'triple'.

If the WCTC (Dunns) invite me to drive the ITA Neon - and it doesn't act up like it did last summer :confused1: - then I'll be there having fun with you and the other ITA hot rods!

I hope it happens...!

Colin , sad to see that mission is not on your list, we had 11 ITA cars in group 5 last year. come and join us, we don't bite, well sometimes the mosquitos do.

Cheers RS

The double at ORP, triple at Spokane and August PIR race are definite for me. I will try to get 10 races done for as little money as possible so that probably means 2 races at PR. I can't make the first race at PIR making the double at Mission looks like a good option. If there were a double at PIR I attending it would be a priority.

Ok.. It looks like I might need to get my passport. Since I'm not too fond of PIR I might as well try a double in Canadia...

Has anyone been hassled about their race car when crossing the border? Such as checking VIN, title etc?

Ok.. It looks like I might need to get my passport. Since I'm not too fond of PIR I might as well try a double in Canadia...

Has anyone been hassled about their race car when crossing the border? Such as checking VIN, title etc?

Colin, I never had a problem either coming or going. Just the usual questions they ask anyone at the border. They may ask if you're competing for money.

Typically, they will see a stream of race cars coming in so they know a club race is going on.

Last edited:
Unless you are flying in, or need to go abroad, get an Enhanced Drivers License. Quick (1 day), and cheap (mine was $15.) Gets you in to Mexico or Canada by boat or car.

Your not fast there? What's wrong with you! That's why I like it so much.

I will be out this year some time.

PS You are not doing anything wrong in turn 8 at PR, except your driving a silly front wheel drive car. Can you say understeer.

Last edited:

Your shifty eye movements and stuttering responses will probably get you stripped searched.

Your car will be fine though.

R

Your not fast there? What's wrong with you! That's why I like it so much.

I will be out this year some time.

PS You are not doing anything wrong in turn 8 at PR, except your driving a silly front wheel drive car. Can you say understeer.

Jeff just keeps seeing RED. And more RED.

Those damned RED front wheel driven CRX's. :p

At best a half season for me.
I am planning all the weekends with 2 or more races.
Although the ORP double may be in doubt due to it conflicts with my daughters softball tourney in Wenatchee.
And a bunch of us are planning a RACECATION to Sears Point and Laguna Seca for June 11-12 and 16-19.
The Spokane triple is on for me unless my daughters team qualifies for the TCS world series in which case I am off to Park City.
I also will try to make the Portland opener as I love doing the full straightaway without the chicane. I actually would like it have torrential downpours. It has been a few years since having that fun thrill.

The Enduros are out for me this year as the reduced race time loses value for me. Much harder to rent seats. We'll spend our dough at the 25 this year.

R

Last edited:
Back from the dead ... (this thread and my car I guess)
IMG_20110325_181128.jpg

Anyway, I plan to be having fun in ITA this season:D

Last edited:
Back