'The lowest lap record chase'

westipton

I haven't heard yet, but I am assuming that Neil Shelton took top honors at ORP in the 'drop the lap record the most' contest. He lowered it by about 30 seconds in FF, which would have been really hard to beat?

Nah - I think Blackwell did better with his Atlantic car running in FL.
From 2:25:... to 1:37:...
Neil might be next on the list.

not official but Blackwell, Shelton, Linsen, Gordan Jones, Sheldon lemoin, Rob Rissberger and i might be forgetting someone. I believe thats how it ended up.

Official Standings for lap record challenge

sorry Gordon, i should know better.

Here are is the official placing in the Lap record challenge by STARR Projects.

1st. James Blackwell, Formula Lebra, lowering the time set by Sherm Johnson in April by over 45 seconds.
2nd. Peter Linssen, Opel Manta, I-Production, obliterating Bill Thews record from June by over 35 seconds.
3rd. Niel Shelton, in a Crossle 32, Formula Ford, over J.C. Cuevas’ record set in April by over 25 seconds.
4th. Gordon Jones put his H-Improved Production BMW ahead of Skip Yocom’s best from June by 8.4 seconds.
5th. Bill Murray Jr. in the Pontiac Fiero blasted his father off the ITB podium by 5.6 seconds.
6th. Dale Champion beat his own lap record by 4.141 seconds to take home the money for Club Rabbit.
7th. The Formula 500 record held by Sean McDonald went down to Sheldon Lemoine with a 3.441 improvement.
8th. Rob Rissberger also bested himself in the red Camaro lowering the American Sedan record by 1.202.
9th. Ron Tanner squeezed another .383 seconds out of the 240-Z to better his own ITS record.
10th. In a very smooth drive Andy Robottom lowered the track record for Spec Miata previously held by Geoff Cochran by a very slim margin of .278 seconds.
Congratulations to all.

It must have been cool to see the Blackwell Atlantic on that track! Obviously a lot of drivers were paying attention to this contest and a few of those time spreads are amazing.
Thanks for posting the list Jeff.

It would be cool if we could get a big open wheel group out there next year. some fords,v's and some sports racers. i would really like to see some formula 1000s. That would be cool.

Back