12 hour enduro

I/we had a good time even though the car counts were down. all our drivers had a good time on track even though we were not the fastest out there. its not always about speed its about finishing and finishing strong. well we only finished but we still finished and had fun doing it. even beat a car with similar issue only 4th gear. next time we will be ready to go the whole distance and doing it with fun in mind. oh yeah we ended up 12th o/a

Eric you guys are doing it right. To costly and so much effort to not be fun. Fun first.

Everyone involved was awesome to watch.
Not knowing any of the cars or driver, and having never watched an enduro, I hadn't a clue how the race was going to end. I may have had a slight bias towards the E30's out there. Watching you guys limp back out there for the last few laps brought a smile to me and the guys at my corner. But congratulations to the winners! Your cars just didn't stop! Bravo!

Side note, did the red/white Miata #197 really put in a lap time of 1:13.34? I don't know how common reporting errors are, and find it rather hard to believe based on the other best times, but impressive if true!

In the later time of the 12 hours, we had some cars that were not beeping occasionally. We then would enter a manual time which sometimes was off when we would drag it to the place where the car actually crossed the line. In this race I didn't worry about times as much as getting the lap count correct. When in a race, we score you by the laps. This race has very close lap counts. Something could change when someone had a mishap. This was an interesting race to score. It was the first time I have had a black flag situation where both the leader and second place car made pit stops on the double yellow BEFORE the black. Great thinking on their part. The computer software had a difficult time registering this type of situation. I think the Steward finally resolved the running order just as the cars were in the hot pits behind the pace car. This did create some interesting theories though.. I want to thank all the drivers that when they felt there was an issue they came to the third floor to discuss it. We sometimes don't catch the missed lap until you question the printouts. I find it always helpful to have the drivers come up and welcome their input. Drivers and crew or family are always welcome to the third floor at PIR for observing the scoring process and video cameras we have around the track. Thank you all for a great season.

Back