Spokane County Raceways

Having been there this last week end, I can tell every one that it is awasm. From the safety responce side of it this last weekend, Doug Smith and myself worked safety and had good access to the whole track. There was talk about putting one of us over on the left side of the shed/work shop for fast responce for 4 thru 8 thru the dirt and it was decieded that we would stage trucks in the pregrid area. Lots of grass/hay/weeds have been mowed down and every thing went smothly. The truck people and Doug and his people, and the local car clubs have done a out standing job getting the truck ready. There was a unoffical spector count of over 900 at our event and there was a afternoon count (between 3-5pm) of over 1200 at the circle track which at the end of the night (morning 2am) put the at over 5100, the largest crowd the track was had in over 15 years for a non drag event. As a non race driver, I do not 'see' some of the things you drivers do, but I can tell you this is a very well thought out plan that works. We did have drivers that said they would like to come back.

Back