Spokane County Raceways

Get a Spokanese Snow Macho-marines out there for a 6hr enduro.
BrokenSnowmachine.jpg snow-machine-human-powered.jpg

snow_car[1].gif

Sorry, I don't know what I'm sayin'. Sounds like it could be some good wholesome family fun.

mattracks.jpg hyanide_main_485.jpg

Last edited:
Bryan W-
Haven't heard anything since December concerning progress of the new track layout. Any updates as I'm hoping the snow has melted. Can't wait for the new race season to arrive.
Duane

They've been waiting for warmer weather. It should be done by the end of April, then they need to wait for it to cure before anyone will be allowed to run on it.

I was out at the track about a week ago. Much of the new section has been roughed in but will need a bit of recontouring before paving. All in all it looks to be a more interesting place to run a race car, although I for one will miss the long rest down the old front straight prior to the terror of turn one.

Let's all remember that a number of local politico's went out on a limb to provide us all ......ALL ICSCC RACERS..... a place to play. So come on over and race! We will be doing all we can over here to make it as easy on the budget as possible......starting with the triple race format.

My client is doing the paving and because of the poor weather we're having (constant rain and even snow still) the track may be delayed until end of May now. The drag strip will be open early May but the road course is for sure in jeopardy of starting really late this year.

We can blame mother nature for the delay that's for sure! When I spoke with Bill from Shamrock Paving in January they were on schedule to have it done early April if the weather cooperated :(

Can't wait to get back out there in July, I really enjoyed it last year even if it ended with a strong Tbone.

I can tell you that this family appreciates the efforts going on in Spokane. One of my favourite tracks anywhere. In fact, it's worth our while to travel from North Carolina each July to enjoy it! Given that, I'm most eager to enjoy "The Triple".

So we can say goodbye to that really long front straight. I ran there the first 2 Conference events. It was fun to get the car up to near topped out. I'll miss it. If I ever get back out again.

So we can say goodbye to that really long front straight. I ran there the first 2 Conference events. It was fun to get the car up to near topped out. I'll miss it. If I ever get back out again.

Don't be too bummed.. the new layout is still going to be very fast if driven right it appears. Adare said he thinks it will knock off 20-30mph but as I walked it last week, I'm not so sure. Maybe 10-15mph in my opinion.

It has been promised that the new track will be ready to use for the SOVREN event on the weknd of June 3-5. How about a few of you coming over to 'see' the new setup and to work the event. As all events go, need more workers. No other events
on that weknd. Soooo-how about it? You can contract me directly to let SOVREN know you will be coming. They also pay a travel fee and looking at getting reduced room rates. d.w.johnston@hotmail.com

I am looking at driving up from Portland to do the triple race weekend. I will probably be up a day early and may need a place to store (secured) my 16' enclosed trailer. Any suggestions?

Tim Bland
Anson SA4

Barring unforeseen circumstances I plan to be out there for the triple weekend with my 944. Might arrive Friday due to a Thursday night event but... I'll be there. MikeA is in as he said above... and hopefully we'll have a decent group of other 944 Cup guys too. It is a double points race for us so... should be a blast!

Good news, the track will be done in the next week or two. The local Auto Cross club (ASNW.org) is going to be the first ones on the track at the end of this month. I will take some onboard footage of the course changes and post up afterwards.

Back