Spokane County Raceways

But there were plenty of new records to break. I suppose if it were the traditional Dbl race weekend at Spokane someone could sweeten the pot with another 'better the last record' gimmick.

It looks like they'll be putting some more 'technical' into the track along with many configuration options. Looks like a lotta Hot Pit and paddock space on the outside, good for endurance races, with the blend into T1. I'd stamp it with a 'like', and hope I get to play out there soon too.

I'd like to see them use that new section halfway down the back chute as an alternate lay-out. That looks like a lot of fun!

Ya... so much for that... sheesh.
We should be happy without the boulders being pulled up and left in the middle of the track.

Bryan- Thanks for the update. The hairpin at turn 8 will slow a car down but after that it looks wide open to turn 1. Time will tell and I can't wait to give it a shot.

since all the clubs are equal, and ICSCC wanted to make sure that ORP was "safe" I just wanna make sure we are all "safe" to be racing at a track that is undergoing so many changes. Hopefully the BOD will allow us to schedule races at Spokane even if the re-certification cannot be done yet.

Really Randy, how are they not equal? But it is an interesting point about if it needs to be "re-certified" by some entity before racing begins. I am looking forward to going there. I really like that track.

Since it was never "certified" (read "Paying the SCCA as an ASN rep to recognise it as qualified for regional sanctionability) in the first place, how can it be re-certified?

Maybe Steve Leonard will be recognized now be qualified as a representative to inspect and "certify" the 'new' Spokane track.

@Randy. This refers to one of my -deleted- posts from 2008.

I'd still like to see a copy of the 'certificate'.

Oh, I know. Since the pot was out, just thought I'd give it a few swirls myself.

Maybe I'll start another topic to stir it up some more.

I guess no paving has happened yet as the snow flew yesterday...maybe in the spring unless we get some really weird weather. Most of the curbs are in (I've heard) and most of the dirt work is done. Apparently any extra dirt has been deposited in the hole along the inside of turn 2.
The only snag so far is the main electrical vault which happens to be right in the road where the new layout meets the drag strip... Seems if they touch it they have to bring it up to current electrical codes, cost: $000,000.00.
I'll be going out there in the next week or so to get some pics and post them if it's not too snowy.

Lawrence

We're determined to make it down there this coming year. The layout (original or revised) looks like I'm going to top out in 5th long before turn one! Guess I'll have to put take out the floor and do the Fred Flinstone routine to get a bit more speed in my Honda. I wish we had that kind of room at Mission!

Honda GTlite

I was out there on Sunday afternoon. I tried to view the track from the 9th floor of the Quest , and also from the dirt mound
by the Prison. There was too much snow for me to take photos of the new layout. I will be at the Quest again this next week and will try to get some photos. The snow is suppose to melt a bit this coming weekend.

You don't suppose there's a market for the track to open up for snow machine enthusiasts, do you?

Just thinkin' out loud. Good way to get some extra 'track' time.

Back