IRDC Special Race Announcment for 9/25/10 Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Hedorah - JTCC!

Thank you to Scott Norton for being the brain child of the event! I had a blast. Probably my favorite race I've been a part of! The trophies were just the icing on the cake.

I do agree about the driver's meeting on Saturday idea though. There was TOO MUCH carnage.

ps ... Pics (trophy presentation and race)?

We have had cars from Germany and Japan (Axis powers). When do we have the the Allies take to the track?

'cause who wants to watch a bunch of Renaults, Bristols, Yugos, and Ladas constantly breaking down on a race track? (Well, I admit, a field of "LeCars" would be kinda amusing.)

Or did you mean stuff like Mustangs and Corvettes? :)

I'd definitely like to see an "American Muscle" race --- Stock cars, GT-1/Trans-am cars, A-sedan, etc. I think it would be particulary appropriate to include it on the Military Salute weekend (which may require a date change or something....)

I think we ought to have Mandatory drivers meetings on Saturday for those competing in a *Special Race*. Safety should be a priority.

It's a good idea. In the PRO3 ranks, we hold our own driver's meetings ahead of these special events to remind everyone that this is an *exhibition* race.

I'd definitely like to see an "American Muscle" race --- Stock cars, GT-1/Trans-am cars, A-sedan, etc. I think it would be particulary appropriate to include it on the Military Salute weekend (which may require a date change or something....)

Actually IRDC VP Dave Haire and I had and extended discussion about next year. We have a plan to present to the IRDC Board for next year. Stay tuned for updates.

Back