IRDC Special Race Announcment for 9/25/10 Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Hedorah - JTCC!

Scott Norton

Epic Win, I push limit
As the IRDC Marketing and Promotions Director I am please to announce on behalf of IRDC the Special Race for Saturday, 9th of September.

Japanese Touring Car Challenge - Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Hedorah

Class Description & Rules

1. Godzilla Class - Any Forced induction or over 2.4L or any car not in classes 2 & 3. No min weight any tire

Examples: Subaru Sti, Turbo RX7s, Nissan 350z, Datsun 240z, Toyota/Nissan/Mazda SPM/SPU legal cars

2. Mothra Class - all Normally Asparated, no min weight any tire, Mazda's only.

3. Hedorah Class - all N/A, no min weight any tire, Honda's only.

All cars will be gridded per the Special Race Qualifying Session on Saturday.
There will be "Special Trophies" for the first three positions in each class.

The rules are about as simple as they can be. Must be a Japanese car manufacturer with the same manufacture's engine and no badge engineering.
If you have a question on your cars eligiblity or class email me and I will be happy to be the "Decider" :tongue:

Disclaimers:
1. Take the class names as intended...for fun!
2. No monsters were harmed in this announcement.
3. ICSCC rules apply of course.

Last edited:
Pure awesomeness Scott. Should be yet another fantastic Special race. I wanna see another 50 car grid!

Rather than a regular sponsor, each entry should come up with some Pokeman style name to list. And then the track PA announcer can call the race that way.

Hootie Hoo! I can really unleashing the blue dragon and all her fire breathing beauty! :D

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down, Godzilla!

Helpless people on subway trains
Scream BUG-EYED as he looks in on them, Godzilla!

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town, Godzilla

Oh no, they say he's got to go
Go go Godzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla, yeah

Go go Godzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla, yeah

Rinji news o moshiagemasu!
Rinji news o moshiagemasu!
Godzilla ga Ginza hoomen e mukatte imasu!
Daishkyu hinan ****e kudasai!
Daishkyu hinan ****e kudasai!
(Attention, emergency news!
Attention, emergency news!
Godzilla is going toward the Ginza area!
Immediately escape, catch up, find shelter please!
Immediately escape, catch up, find shelter please!)

Go go Godzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla, yeah

History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men
Godzilla!

Why is it that every time a cool race comes up, we have to miss it! WHAAAAA!
Both our cars will be in pieces by then which really sucks, because we would really love to win the inflatable 6' tall Godzilla! We would have also shown the original on Saturday night up on the side of the trailer, just like we did with Planet of the Apes last race!
Someone needs to step up here, movie night must go on!

www.retroracingteam.com

If a novice (who happens to have a Mazda) upgraded from NCW to an Area License that weekend, could he run in the group 8 Mothra class on Sunday too? :)

If a novice (who happens to have a Mazda) upgraded from NCW to an Area License that weekend, could he run in the group 8 Mothra class on Sunday too? :)
Contact Randy Blaylock but I am pretty sure it could happen. But I don't want to speak for him.

Thanks to our IRDC Marketing Guru, Scott Norton, for his IRDC Special Race planning this year. Our recent IRDC German Touring Car Challenge was a success with a 54-car grid, great racing, and unique trophies. This Japanese Touring Car Challenge - Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Hedorah will be fun. I am a little worried about next year though, as Scott will have a whole winter to think about next years IRDC Special Race themes.....

Thanks to our IRDC Marketing Guru, Scott Norton, for his IRDC Special Race planning this year. Our recent IRDC German Touring Car Challenge was a success with a 54-car grid, great racing, and unique trophies. This Japanese Touring Car Challenge - Godzilla vs. Mothra vs. Hedorah will be fun. I am a little worried about next year though, as Scott will have a whole winter to think about next years IRDC Special Race themes.....

It's team effort Frank.......
I have another crazy idea for next spring to early to speak of.

The special race is on Saturday right after the Novice race. Doesn't mean you can't do it just means you will need to contact Randy first. I did it last race but had already taken my upgrade test in Spokane when I was supposed to upgrade but was prevented from running on Sunday.

Back