$ 10,000 Prize money !

rsracer

Still room on the grid for you!
SCCBC is hosting the Childrens Chairity Grand Prix on August 6-7-8th Check the club web site
www.sccbc.net for detail on how you can enter and win part of the 10,000 total purse.

I'm entered.

It's going to be an exciting race with some super fast guys like Pete Harding, Terry Ward and Wouter Bowman.

Excellent. Im sure we will will see you at the front of the pack. Bring some of your buddies to race as well.

The organizers did a fantastic job with the event and weekend, dealing with very challenging transient weather conditions and a very full schedule. The misty weather conditions forced many schedule adjustments and delays to try to get some dry track conditions for practice and qualifying for the CCGP cars, but in the end the qualifying times were set in wet conditions.

This resulted in a starting grid that was interesting, consisting of cars that would normally have slower times in dry conditions gridded in front of cars that are substantially faster. Since the race start itself was dry, and given a very late green flag to start the race, the charge to the first turn didn't turn out too well for me and a couple other cars. I ended up with some door donuts from one car, and then punted the pole sitter trying to get slowed down for turn 1 entry.

I qualified 7th in the wet, which put me on the fourth row, and when the green flew I moved driver's right to overtake slower cars. Given the circumstances and the benefit of hindsight, I should have probably just laid back until the pack sorted itself out, and moved forward as possible.

I take full responsibility for my part of that incident. I was fined for avoidable contact, which I deserved. I could have done a lot better.

Overall, there was a lot of contact in the race and other problems. I don't know if we all collectively lost our minds from sitting around for the better part of two days, or exactly what happened. Late in the race one of the cars had a massive engine failure that oiled down the track, and several cars ended up in the tire walls.

I do know I hate how I represented, and I wish I could have put on a better show for the spectators.

Randy, awesome that you walk the walk. Too bad it didn't end better for you. The gap you pulled in the first lap and a half was stupendous.

Congrats to Tim Brown on the overall win.

Martin

The organizers did a fantastic job with the event and weekend, dealing with very challenging transient weather conditions and a very full schedule. The misty weather conditions forced many schedule adjustments and delays to try to get some dry track conditions for practice and qualifying for the CCGP cars, but in the end the qualifying times were set in wet conditions.

This resulted in a starting grid that was interesting, consisting of cars that would normally have slower times in dry conditions gridded in front of cars that are substantially faster. Since the race start itself was dry, and given a very late green flag to start the race, the charge to the first turn didn't turn out too well for me and a couple other cars. I ended up with some door donuts from one car, and then punted the pole sitter trying to get slowed down for turn 1 entry.

I qualified 7th in the wet, which put me on the fourth row, and when the green flew I moved driver's right to overtake slower cars. Given the circumstances and the benefit of hindsight, I should have probably just laid back until the pack sorted itself out, and moved forward as possible.

I take full responsibility for my part of that incident. I was fined for avoidable contact, which I deserved. I could have done a lot better.

Overall, there was a lot of contact in the race and other problems. I don't know if we all collectively lost our minds from sitting around for the better part of two days, or exactly what happened. Late in the race one of the cars had a massive engine failure that oiled down the track, and several cars ended up in the tire walls.

I do know I hate how I represented, and I wish I could have put on a better show for the spectators.

Randy,
Unfortunate set of circumstances!! I looked for you afterward but with all the commotion and getting ready for my group race I didn't catch up with you. Hopefully you come back north so we can race together.
Vic Harvey

Back