1994 Mustang Cobra track mule

mtnman

Posting for some one else, please contact him, Good lapping day or Time Trials/Time Attack car.-

I'm looking to downsize my fleet, and would like to know if anyone is interested in my white '94 Cobra track car.

$9K OBO. I will get pictures later. Full details below.

Reply to this ad, PM me, or email me at "lemming104 at comcast dot net" if you want more information or are interested in the car.

The good

~85,000 miles, <15K miles since suspension and engine work was done
Complete TrickFlow top-end swap, dynoed ~295 RWHP
Full Maximum Motorsports "Maximum Grip" box
C5 Corvette front brake calipers
Bilstein "MM Sport" dampers, 375 lb/in front coilovers, 275 lb/in rear coilovers
Relatively new exhaust, catted X-pipe
Canton 7qt road race oil pan
MAC long-tube headers
Supplemental power steering cooler; also has Cobra oil cooler
4-point Autopower roll bar with diagonal brace
Crow 5-point harness
Racetech bucket seat (may be too small for many people, but it's nice)
FMS T2 Torsen 28-spline differential, 3.27 final drive
Cobra "10th Anniversary" 17x9 wheels, Kumho Ecsta SPT tires (275-40R17) ~5K miles, no rubbing and full lock-to-lock steering
All major work done by Brad's Custom Auto--Scott knows this car very well
The bad

"Rebuilt" title (previous owner was in an accident that triggered the air bags)--however, the car is very solid and straight
Rear brakes moan a bit; it's probably something simple
Tune needs some work; I just bought a Moates Quarterhorse and might work on improving it prior to sale. I'll include the QH with the car either way, so a few hours of work should totally fix this.
The ugly

Interior isn't the best, and should probably just be gutted
Paint/body is pretty good, but not perfect

I've taken it to PR a handful of times, and it has proven to be very reliable. I don't think I'd recommend using it as a DD, but it's decent to drive on the street and would probably be fine with a better tune. It is a great car to go bombing down back roads with; plenty of grip and plenty of brake.

This car has lots of good parts on it, and they all have fairly low mileage. Even if you already had a good '94-95 car to start with, you'd easily be into it for over $10K in parts alone.

Primary reason for sale is that I still have my '03 V6, which has about as much suspension and is faster in a straight line (yay, T67), and I just bought a rather...modified Impreza Outback wagon (yay, EJ205?), which will suffice as a track beater.
http://www.redmistphoto.com/gallery/4493158_WVHeN#264498667_yBr5J

Last edited:
Sounds like it would be a good starter for a ST car. Good luck finding it a new home.

PS -- Let whoever is selling the car know about NASIOC.com. It's a Subaru forum with some good information (once you filter through the BS).

Yes it would make a good ST or ITE car. It needs a cage. It only has a roll bar at this point.

Back