"german touring car challenge" ??

I was wondering if there was a list of elegible cars or is it any German made race car. I have a little VW I would love to run in this race...

I was wondering if there was a list of elegible cars or is it any German made race car. I have a little VW I would love to run in this race...

Scott your car is German and meets ST/SPM rules.
So your in. Sign up in group 8 don't worry about the class as it will be sorted out later.

If the guy I was talking with several times at the SCCA Double National was correct, about 10 to 15 of their Porsche 944 Cup cars are going to show up to run this race mostly with the Pro 3 cars. Should make for a very, very good race!

Yes Richard that is true. Wes Hill did most of the back ground work on this. At the time we talked with them it was about 12 944 cup cars. Hopefully some 911's will come and play too. ST/SPM should bring 10-12 cars, Pro3 should bring 30, 944 cup 12. That would make a great run group!

Hey, that's me! Yes, we intend to bring it to Pacific for this race! 12 cars sounds to be about accurate at the moment... 12 were present at the Rose Cup. Many of the local 944 Cup racers are from Seattle so it works out well. It's a great group of people that will fit in well I think.

We will be running in Group 5 ITS for one of our series points races... and I know some 44 folks did some legwork to help make this happen. We are keen to run some events with Conference and hope that Spokane and Pacific will open the door. There are 15 or so cars locally right now and more being built as we speak.

//////We will be running in Group 5 ITS for one of our series points races....

You ALSO have a "special race group" on Saturday.. The German Tourning Car Challenge :)

DON't FORGET (not being Conference regulars), if you want to run both the Special and with Group 5 ITS, you'll need to check the proper boxes on the entry form and pay the small extra fee for the '2nd race entry'.. well worth it.

Last edited:
'German Tourning Car Challenge' is the title of the thread :D We will be out in full force and I am doing all I can to ensure those that do not normally run Conference are filled in on the minor differences. They will get a taste at Spokane for sure but I know all hands will be on deck for the races at Pacific.

I for one cannot wait!

'Tis true on all accounts! We figure about 33 PRO3 cars, plus the 12 944's, then throw in another dozen German cars in the front grid...well, it will make for a very very busy track! The 944's and the PRO3 cars will be gridded seperately for a split start. That will give us all about three laps before Mike MacAleenan comes screaming through in that e46 monster of his.

The 944 and a typical PRO3 car all run about the same lap times, so this should make for a very entertaining race to watch...and drive!

Back