Porsche 944 Turbo "S" Race Car for sale $15,000 obo

Glen Coad

Porsche 944 Turbo "S" Race Car for sale $10,000 obo

Selling my 1988 944 Turbo S race car, ran 08 season with two drivers (car number 321 & 421) in novice, ITE and SPM class would also qualify as a GT car. I haven't been able to get back out and need the money for other things. Since the 08 season the engine has been out and inspected. At that time I replaced the main bearings, and rebuilt turbo charger. Also added a carbon fiber wing, side exit exhaust, mono-ball front control arms, relocated and replaced the alternator with a smaller lighter version, custom built a fiberglass front end and splitter. Car has an AFF fire suppression and custom built SCCA "IT" spec roll cage. Suspension includes coil overs in rear and factory Koni's up front, engine and engine management is still stock at a meager 250hp. A simple chip switch would bring it to 300hp and so on, there are many examples of these cars realiably pumping out 450+ HP.
Will also include molds for the lexan rear hatch and front windshield. Have one set of extra factory wheels. For the do it yourselfer will also consider package deal with all necessary shop tools to continue on with the fabrication and maintenance of the car.

Last recorded weight of the car was 2,720lbs without driver, I expect another 100 lbs to be lost with fiberglass front end and reduction of exhaust and other things. With additional fiberglass body panels and other suspension changes (as allowed in ITE, GT and SPM classes) the final weight of the car should be close to 2,500lbs.

Asking $10,000 but will consider all reasonable offers. Would also consider renting the car as part of a "try before you buy" program. You can e-mail me at glencoad@hotmail.com for more information pictures etc.

Last edited:
This car sounds like it's also ST-legal and just a tiny amount of work would get it to the class-limit 10:1 weight/power ratio. SOMEbody needs to challenge Mike McAleenan! :D

As I understand it from about 14 or 15 Porsche 944 drivers at the SCCA Double National, they plan on coming out to run with the Pro 3 cars at the next ICSCC Pacific race. Going to be a GTC challenge (German Touring Car) :)

Not sure turbos are legal for the 944 Cup (I don't know the rules) but I bet this car would be a good addition to ANY ICSCC paddock!

Back