New club racing road course project in Mason County needs our support now!

Just a bump, rezone hearing is on Tuesday, 5 days from now. I encourage those that can to attend.

If nothing else, it will feel like you are at a circus!

Rod

I will do my best to make it and hopefully I can get some support from the local Fire Dept as my wife volunteers with them.

Last edited:
Dude, I am not touching that......

We will try to get someone down from BC, might help if they realized how far the potential reach is.

Can we get anyone from California?

Damn! Obviously I am fully in support of this venture, but am obligated to be in Salt Lake City on business next Tuesday.

I urge those interested in the continuation of the strong and vibrant motorsports community we have here in the Northwest to get out and support this project. I'll be there in spirit - do me proud! Wish I could be there.

Dude, I am not touching that......

We will try to get someone down from BC, might help if they realized how far the potential reach is.

Can we get anyone from California?

David Vodden, CEO of Thunderhill, is coming on up to praise the economic effects of a local track.

Local hero and author of Speed Secrets, Ross Bently, will be there as well.

Rod

So everything went very well and there was only two citizens against the track being built. The citizens were concerned about noise which is usually the hardest thing to overcome. The CEO and owner of Willow Springs Raceway was up for the meeting and gave the commissioners an idea of what he had to go through to get the track built and how it has effected the local economy of Willow it was really cool to hear about. The same points were kind of beat to death but everyone has the right to speak at a hearing like this. So the vote was unanimous and all commissioners voted in favor of the rezone of the land from Rural Residential to Rural Tourist Campground which is a huge step forward. The process is nowhere near complete because they still have to jump through a lot of hoops but so far so good. I was unable to stay for the track site tour as I had other things I needed to take care maybe next time when the special permit hearing happens.

Nick

Just got back from Mason County and a tour of the site just approved via rezone which should allow for the next phase moving forward. Just to correct the above post, the Thunderhill Park CEO from Willows (very Northern California) was in attendence. Made a great case for the economic benefits of a motorsports facility.

The site is really exciting and anyone who has not made a visit should go. Easy ingress and egress off Hwy 101, marvelous vistas...this will become THE place to race in the Pacific Northwest should everything go as planned. Great job by all those involved in working so hard to get to this point.

Thank you Rod for the generous lunch at Godfathers provided to those of us who stayed through the Commissioners meeting and went out to the venue site. Got to do a bit of off-roading.

I look forward to turning a wheel sometime next SUMMER! If you need any volunteer help, please let me know. I am only 50 minutes away.

Bill

Back