Test and Tune

On the official Conference schedule, I don't see a test and tune day listed until May 20. What am I missing?

Can anyone help out?

Last edited:
Mike, IRDC first race isn't til May 21-22.
There is drivers training/school and such going on on Apr.9th the day before the Enduro.
Does that help?

Hey, Lynn. Thanks for your helpful response!

Maybe my question was ambiguous. The first race of the year is in Portland on the April 30 weekend. I'd like to get a test-and-tune in before that weekend.

Indeed, there are driver training days. I've been to a few IRDC driver training days. The instructors end up going out in a group at the end of the day if there is time left over. At the events I've attended, there has been time left over but it was quickly absorbed by someone who stuffed or broke their car.

Even if the instructors' session went well, I'd rather have more time to tune instead of just quickly test.

So: are there any test and tune days available before that first Portland race?

There is a lapping session (not the free instructors' group) the day before the 4-hour at PR for $200. There are no ICSCC-sanctioned "Test 'n' Tunes" in Seattle before the one the day before the first IRDC race in May.

:eek:ff Topic:

Who's coordinating the Instructors? I want to be an instructor on the 9th. I haven't heard back from Dave Bennitt so I'm not sure if I barked up the wrong tree.

Colin,
Please check the email address you have for me because I have not received anything from you. My email address is listed on the IRDC-Racing.com website.

IRDC can always use more instructors. If anyone is interested in becoming an instructor please registrar at www.motorsportreg.com. Thanks for your partiipation.

Mike you can volunteer as an instructor and do the lapping, it will buy you a little more track time, thanks.

Mike,
SCCBC has it's first race ( cacc ) weekend April 16 and 17 with friday practice day, You can test and tune till you are silly, Good opportunity to shake off the rust before the conference championship racing starts. Registration through motorsportreg.com . All conference drivers welcome. We run races both Saturday and Sunday. Check out the SCCBC web site for more info.

Cheers R Stec

IRDC has a DRIVER EDUCATION DAY at Bremerton tomorrow. $60 Great deal for us cheap ass retiree's. With luck we will get Steve Mowat's Birken done and be there.

Thanks for the helpful response, Ray! Maybe I'll take the care up to Mission if I find some troubles at the IRDC lapping day.

Unfortunately, Dick, the registration deadline for the Bremerton day is long past. I'm also not quite ready to attend ...

Thanks for the helpful response, Ray! Maybe I'll take the care up to Mission if I find some troubles at the IRDC lapping day.

Unfortunately, Dick, the registration deadline for the Bremerton day is long past. I'm also not quite ready to attend ...

MikeyB, it seems odd that you are interested in testing and tuning when you and your car are so obviously head and heels above the rest of us mere mortal non RS drivers (cough, cough). Do you have any new and exciting news to share with us as to why your trusted steed would need testing and tuning when it was so precisely tuned before? Driver development surely could not be a consideration - what is there to improve? :)

Last edited:
Back