1977 Tiga CF/Vintge For Sale

Sherm Johnston

This is a well maintained Vintage and Club Ford race car. Legal for SCCA Vintage, Monoposto FF70, and VARA, (unfortunately it is not legal in SOVREN except in their Exibition Class) the car has been very competitive in Vintage, running respectable times at Portland, Laguna Seca, and Infineon. I have owned the car since 1996 and used it for hillclimbing and autox until Solo I and then Race in 2002. I have SCCA log books from the start of S1 on. It has not been wrecked while I have owned it. The car is well sorted, engineered and maintained by Archie Hodge. It has a strong motor and no major chassis defects. This is a race ready car. Had I raced the car this year, I would have done a leak down just to make sure, freshened the head, and added sheet metal sides similar to Titans and Crossles vs the original side pods. I will include a set of Mini Lite wheels and a set of cast aluminum wheels (good for rains) the slicks on the Minis are roll around quality only. If a buyer is interested in Vintage racing I will include a full set of Dunlop Vintage tires used but still usable and 2 front Dunlop tires that have never been mounted these are hard to come by now I understand. There are a few miscellaneous spare parts that I will include. I also have an open trailer, single axle with brakes, that has an enclosed tire rack (holds 1 set of mounted tires) that I will include. I will deliver anywhere in the NW (WA, OR, ID, MT) and will negotiate delivery elsewhere. Canadians, I will deliver to the boarder and will work with you on the proper paperwork needed by Customs. This is a good value even in these tough economic times. Please pass the word to your friends.

Price: $11,900 USD or best reasonable offer. For more information and additional photos contact:
Sherm Johnston 208-890-3989; sjohnston46@cableone.net

Motor:
Rebuild 2006
Steel Crank
Ivey head
Ivey Dyno

Chassis:
Ground-up 2007 by Archie Hodge
Replace tubes as necessary
Replace rod ends as necessary
Paint not powder coat
New belly pan

Features:
SPA Electric Tach w/recall
SPA Mirrors
Coast Fab Muffler (no sound violations to date)
Armstrong Shocks (recently serviced)
Adjustable Break Bias
Odyssey Battery
Pertronix Ignitor
Drilled Rotors

Attachments

• TigaLsideresz.jpg
    TigaLsideresz.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 329
  • Trailer.jpg
    Trailer.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 307
  • Tigafrontresz.jpg
    Tigafrontresz.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 315
  • TigaRsideresz.jpg
    TigaRsideresz.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Sherm

I hope you're not hanging up your spurs!!

Sorry I haven't been in touch. Never been very good at writing. Planning to be up that way in June/July. I hope to see you and maybe share some track time.

Hey Trout,
No not hanging up the spurs, just changing ponies. I bought a Crossle, so hope to see you this summer. Now I need to find someone to buy the Tiga.

Sherm

Glad to hear that you're still gonna be a force to be reckoned with! Even more so, now that you're going to be in a Crossle. Not that your Tiga wasn't a good car but I think you'll find that the Crossle is easier to drive fast. And, it will be easier to work on and find parts for when you need them.

What year/model Crossle did you get? Is it a Northwest car or did you get it from some other part of the country/world? Inquiring minds want to know! LOL

Trailer Included and NW delivery

Thanks for the kind words Trout. How much of a force I'll be remains to be seen. I have been thinking of a Crossle for some time and an opportunity presented itself that I couldn't pass up. That said it does not reflect any dissatisfaction with the Tiga. If I was keeping it I would replace the side pods with sheet metal, similar to a Crossle, like the Tiga that ran very well at the 40th. Larry Bangert drove it at Bremerton and after one session was within a second of his Crossle times and he admitted to not pushing it, not his car etc. I believe the Tiga is a very competitive car for Vintage and CF. It would also be great for Autox and hillclimbing both of which I have done with the car.

Last edited:
HI Sherm

Now that you went and broke your foot, you think a differant car is going to help? HA HA How is the foot? See you soon and good luck with the new car.

Radio Dave

Sherm
Congratulations on the sale.
When I sold my first racecar it was kind of bitter-sweet. I hope it was a happy day for you.
Did the Tiga stay in the Northwest or move to another part of the country?

Thanks Trout. Kinda felt the same way but glad it's gone and has a good home. Sold it to a guy in CA, Sacramento area I think. So I may see it down there. Have a good winter.

Back