Someone you know thinking about trying Road Racing?

whill

We’re holding an informational meeting on February 28th at Speedware in Redmond to talk about local area ROAD RACING and what it takes to get involved and actually go racing. We’ve held this type of an event in the past and several of those in attendance have gone and obtained their licenses and are going at it, fender to fender, in several different series locally and nationally.
We’ll be holding this event in conjunction with the High Performance Driving Event Safety Gear Tech Session that the BMW CCA is holding, immediately following that event at the same venue. The Safety Gear Tech starts at 10AM and runs until noon and focuses on safety gear for track days at non-competitive events. Since there well be a lot of seasoned “drivers” there, I thought we’d do a program showing them the next level of driver’s challenges. We’ll be starting up as soon as the BMW program is finished and run until about 1PM. After that, I’ll hang around the racecar and answer any lingering questions, as I don’t want anybody leaving with something unanswered.

The format of the session will be a discussion of the different sanctioning bodies involved with Road Racing on the West Coast (ICSCC, SCCA, SOVREN and NASA) as well as what it takes to get a license. I’ll be covering all of the options but will explain some of the ICSCC advantages as well as cover the year’s schedule, especially the schools. We’ll also be going over associated costs with getting a license, the stack of forms that need to be filled out, as well as answer all of the questions that come up along the way. I’m also arranging several different types of racecars to be present (see earlier post) so that we can go over class types (production based as well as purpose built) and required safety gear (both for driver and equipment). Several licensed drivers will be on hand to describe why they race what they do, as well as answer any questions you may have. Lastly, we’ll cover renting vs. buying vs. building a competitive racecar and the associated costs.

I hope if you know ANYBODY that has an interest in racing, that you’ll inform him or her of this event. It will be a one-stop place for them to get web site information (including Med forms and club memberships), the process of getting going (licensing requirements), and an overall picture of what’s going on in Pacific Northwest Road Racing!

Back