Need to "Borrow" a couple of race cars...

whill

Speedware is hosting an event on the morning of February 28th for the local BMW club on "safety gear" required for their driving events. I'm planning on Piggy backing on that event and follow it with a presentation on "What do I need to know to go racing". We've hosted this type of event before and had some success with several attendees now holding ICSCC licenses.

I have a discussion of what ICSCC is, as well as SCCA, NASA and SOVREN. I then do a BRIEF discussion of the differences and advantages of each. Then I cover the different ways to get licensed, what that all entails (costs, medical forms, schools) and then finish with a high level discussion of cars and classes. I'm (of course) supplying a Pro3 car and will be using it to discuss "production based classes" but would also like to have on display a CF/FF or FM to talk about "open wheel" classes and then a GT or Sports Racer to give one more angle on... I'd also like to have the owner on hand to answer questions like how you got started and what drew you to your current class/car.

If anyone is interested in trying to help area racing grow, this would be a good oportunity. I'll be posting a more general description (promotion) up on this board later that you all can point prospective people to. I'll need the car in Redmond by about 9:30AM before the safety gear talk and I'll wrap up no later then 1PM.

Any questions, call me at 206-769-9516
Wes Hill, #173

Back