PRO-3 add more series sponsors for 2009

Lance Richert

PRO-3 will be bringing more cars and more sponsors to the track in 2009. There are 40 built PRO-3 cars, with another half dozen under construction.

Returning sponsors include Primary Sponsor Toyo Tires who are increasing their support by 60% to the PRO-3 group. After many years running the Toyo RA1, in 2009 PRO-3 will be running on the Toyo R888.

Toyo Payout Schedule:
Entries - Total Payout per Race
1-5: $160
6-10: $320
11-15: $480
16-20: $640
21-24: $800
25+: $1,000

We'll split the award for each race into two awards. So two drivers taking the green flag will walk away with Toyo Bucks. Awards are determined based on a raffle drawing after the race.

Also back for 2009 are Speedware Motorsports and Griot's Garage. Each will be contributing $1,500 in raffle Gift Certificates.

WestWerks will again sponsor the WestWerks Pacific Raceways Challenge which awards prizes to the top 3 finishers with the most points from the three races at Pacific Raceways. 1st-$300, 2nd-$200, 3rd-$100.

Three new sponsors include:

1. ProFormance Racing School in Kent who are providing discounted testing days for the PRO-3 drivers. PRO-3 will be the official driver development series of ProFormance Race School.

2. BimmerWorld from Dublin VA who are providing $1,500 in raffle Gift Certificates and an end of season $250 GC to a PRO-3 Sportsmanship Award which will be voted on by the drivers.

3. WX Signs of Bellevue who are providing free number panel/class designation vinyl packages to each PRO-3 driver.

Thank you to all of our sponsors!

The full race schedule can be seen on the ICSCC web site:

http://www.icscc.com/schedule.htm

See you at the track! (images by Curtis Creager)

Cal09Sample-29.jpg

Cal09Sample-42.jpg

Cal09Sample-49.jpg

Cal09Sample-51.jpg

WHOA, now that's some scarey s**t!!

...obviously referring to the last photo of all of us Pro3 drivers!

:p

Kidding aside; Lance Richert, Pro3 Sr. Vice President of Marketing, has once again outdone himself with the sponsorship awards this season.

It's also worth noting that some of the sponsors approached Lance about the idea based on a 'comp' calendar sent. James Clay of Bimmerworld is one such sponsor. It's pretty exciting to have that kind of racing calibur come chasing us, little ol' Pro3 here in the NW.

Nice job, Lance! Many thanks.

We're working with James Clay of Bimmerworld on finding a date in between his 2009 World Challenge races to come out and drive in a PRO-3 race.

Here's Jeff Van Lierop (left) with Matt Lackey and Francis Stanbury of West Werks Automotive. Jeff was the winner of the 2008 West Werks PRO-3 Challenge.

WestWerksChallenge2008.jpg

I have a question from a driver training student, He is looking to race a BMW so I am trying to steer him towards a car he car build and be eligable for Pro -3 he is looking at a 325 is . Is this model OK?

I have a question from a driver training student, He is looking to race a BMW so I am trying to steer him towards a car he car build and be eligable for Pro -3 he is looking at a 325 is . Is this model OK?

Based on the assumption that no modifications to the motor have been made, then yes, a 325is will work. That implies that the car is a 1987 to 1991 e30 with the "i" motor, which is the base for Pro3.

Something to pass along is that there are a few Pro3 or near-Pro3 cars currently for sale. IT may be cheaper to buy than to build at this point.

Have your friend contact me privately at rickshaw_racing at yahoo dot com.

...and another thing...

I'll be out at the testing day prior to the enduro with the Reaper, and there may be another Pro3 as well, so if he's around (or anyone for that matter) that's curious about the class, the car, etc., feel free to stop by.

There's also this little function happening: http://www.icscc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97

As Mike Olsen pointed out, on the 28th we'll be putting an event together specifically aimed at anyone who's thinking about trying their hand at racing. I'll have at least one Pro3 car there as well as a couple of other class cars (thanks for those of you that have offerred!). I'm going to go over costs for building/buying/ or renting. Especially for a novice as they don't even know for sure if they're going to LIKE this sport! Also, if your friend has any questions, they can always call me at 206-769-9516

Wes Hill

Back