2009 Schedule

broomspeed

Cheryl Gilbert
I just saw the 2009 schedule and I was kind of hoping that our first trip to Grass Valley would be a double weekend?? Unfortunately it does not seem to be the case. I am guessing that it will be a double points race though. Does anyone know??

First Race @ New Track

First race @ new tracks have in the past have been double points. And this race is listed as such in the schedule.

Information regarding the Driver Training events can be found on the respective ICSCC member club's websites that are associated with and hold the events at each particular track. The member club's websites can be found on the main ICSCC web page.

For ORP, you can find the info at Team Continental's website.
Pacific Raceways = IRDC
PIR = CSCC
Spokane = NWMS
Mission = SCCBC

I guess I got lazy and went to the schedule page and TC isn't listed there.
I see now it is on the main page -- hmmm, how come there is no link on the schedule? I'm not familiar enough with the clubs for "Team Continental" to pop into my noggin'.

I thought my query might elicit some responses like "yeah, it's a good idea to do some driver training at this track" or "no, just drive the thing".
Any opinions?

Oregon Raceway Park is not yet certified as far as I know. Certification is required to get insurance for events held at a track. I was out there for the first testing run back in November. It is a very challenging and technical track with lots of off-camber corners. It definitely falls into the "handling" category as opposed to the "horsepower" category. The next test day is coming up in early March. I don't know if I'll be going out there for sure yet to see what they have accomplished since November, but if I do, I'll post some comments. The people involved in the project are very interested in receiving feedback and suggestions for the track.

Rob

I thought my query might elicit some responses like "yeah, it's a good idea to do some driver training at this track" or "no, just drive the thing". Any opinions?

From the descriptions of the track described in the posting buy the guys who got to run it a while back, sounds like one where doing a lapping day ahead of a race would be a good idea. Sounded like a lot of blind entry corners that may or may not have arrow signs in the future.

But the ORP web site doesn't show any schedule yet. On the other hand I think somebody made a comment about already being signed up for an MC track day. No idea where they're getting the info.

Wow, NEVER would'a thought to look on a Forum for the track schedule. Be that as it may talking about one upcoming event.

I think ORP needs to contract with Steve to take over their web site :)

As close as they are to a functioning track, they need a major site update.

Well I am ready for all the stuff Kenny metioned! Also, I am definitely planning on bringing my own toilet!! LOL

On a serious note...if the track is yet to be insured how realistic is it that we will be racing there?? I am not trying to start a heated debate or anything. I am just curious if we will actually race this year, which I personally hope we do!

The information I got at the last SCCBC meeting from our E Board rep is that the race is tentative, awaiting track certification to satisfy the ICSCC insurer. We were told TC is supposed to give a go/no go before the first race of the season.

I'm looking forward to seeing racing at this facility, although I'm definately not the camping type.

Last edited:
That is correct.

Ken, I agree with your plan points 100%, not to mention appreciate, and also have a personal preference for subscribing to, an optimistic philosophical view.

But, there are well known hurdles that were discussed at length at the ICSCC spring E-Board meeting, where the official ICSCC race schedule is set, that stand in the way of ICSCC race #13's status changing from "tentative", which is in fact the correct status, to "confirmed", for ICSCC sanction purposes.

The information shown on the ICSCC website, for purposes of ICSCC related critical information distribution, is as official as it gets since it comes straight from the E-Board minutes.

Thankfully though, again after considerable and at times intense debate at the spring E-Board meeting, and frankly some bold actions by the TC reps, these hurdles appear to be not insurmountable, hence the listing (at all) on the ICSCC race schedule as "tentative".

Seems quite the opposite of "obstruction-istic" actually.

I'm pretty sure anyone and everyone is really looking forward to the first race at ORP.

To echo (somewhat) what Randy said, I think even the people behind the reasoning of "tentative" would be out-and-out shocked if the race didn't happen. It's (we all hope) purely a technicality at this point.

So, it sounds like ICSCC is doing everything it possibly can to help TC overcome those hurdles and get the first ever built for ICSCC racing venue online. As drivers (voters) you should expect nothing less.

It's an exciting time in ICSCC history, opening up a whole new geographical locale to our specific brand of competition.

Holly Remington

Great news on the first two points, but as "they" say, the proof is in the puddin'. I believe the other sticking point you didn't address has to do with economics, and the rest is the world we all live in these days, for better or worse. If people wouldn't go to a track of their own free will, and surprise!, something any fool could predict happens, and then they or their heirs sue everyone in sight, maybe the liability issues wouldn't be such a concern.

It should all be ancient history very soon, and we will be enjoying the sound of racing engines, sqealing tires, and the smell of race gas exhaust.

TC and all the other sponsoring clubs are listed in the schedule.

There are no links to any of the sponsoring clubs from the schedule page.

I got that all wrong, didn't I?

I'll PM you with what I meant regarding verbiage on that page ...

Back