Kart Enduro "Test N Tune"

Rod Powell

Shake N Bake Baby
Was at the track yesterday trying to finalize the racing :D and drinking :eek: rules and asked what would be the possiblity of renting a block of time Friday night for Kart Test N Tune.

They are looking at it favorably, so I need a show of hands on how many would attend.

RP

Rod - how would the format be any different than one of their public sessions? Any less expensive, more track time, or both? It would be fun/helpful if teams could use the pits and otherwise practice driver changes and pit strategy.

Thanks,
-Bruce

Cost TBD, but we would rent a two hour block for our use. Would have to have some sort of format that makes sense, such as 8 laps your in, driver change in one pit row only, etc.

Believe it or not, I am getting enough inquiries to run (perhaps) a 4 hour enduro Friday night before the enduro Saturday! Got a whole group of SCCA Porsche drivers that want to challenge the ICSCC guys, and I still have a group or road race bike guys that claim they can beat us all!

SOOOOOOO,

Show of hands on Test N Tune here, which my evolve (or devolve, depending on your point of view) into yet another race.

1. Rod Powell
2. Dave Haire
3. Sammy Puleo
4. Jeff McCormick
5. Trevor Cobb
6. Joe Manke
7. John Zapel
8. Vince Funk
9. Mark Hanken
10. Jeff Hanken
11. Tony Severson
12. Jeff Remfert
13. Curtis Creager
14. Big dog Dino
15. Randy Blaylock
16. Rich Pfarr

Last edited:
Local karters for Friday....

Hey Vince, welcome to the Forum. You think you could assemble a 6 man team for a race Friday night? Local pros, you know.

RP

We will see how many more I can scare up....already at 2... any thoughts on ballpark cost?

Best,
Jimmy Karter:D

somebody will need to hold me tenderly...
I want spot #14 on the list, just like Pete Rose. I will bet on the race that I am entering, btw.

Decision time on the Test N Tune

OK, here is the deal. We have approximately 18 drivers for the Test N Tune friday night. Walker is willing to rent us the track for 3 hours if we so choose.

Now then, we can do a real deal "open track" for three hours, wherein we can come in, go out, etc. and practice driver changes during that period.

OR, we can run 1 hour of Test N Tune and run a 2 hour race,

OR, we can all run with the regulars on Friday night and pay per session, but then we cannot practice driver changes.

SO, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the Enduro itself, Dave Haire and Randy Blaylock will be taking the lead on this one (and no, I did not ask them, I APPOINTED THEM, its good to be king, no?) :D

Cost to have the track to ourselves is 800 bucks an hour (plus tax) so lets kick around some ideas and get it confirmed.

I have approximately 12 other drivers interested in fielding a team for a race, but not the Test N Tune since they are not in the main "show" on Saturday.

Make sense?

RP

Back