Rule change proposal-truck bodies in GT1

Randy Blaylock

Highlander Motorsports
I'm considering writing a rule change proposal to allow truck body styles (NASCAR Craftsman Trucks, ASA Speed trucks, etc...) in the Conference GT1 class. Currently, Conference references SCCA GCRs for GT1, and there are specific makes and models listed as being eligible for competition in GT1. There are no truck body styles currently listed.

The truck body style has no competitive advantage, if anything the higher greenhouse is an aerodynamic disadvantage. The basic construction and specification of the tube frame "truck" is virtually identical to a "car" and offers no distinct performance advantage either. The minimum weight would be related to engine displacement, track width, wheel size, etc... as is now the case for listed car bodies.

I am simply trying to open the GT1 field to a unique body style that might make things more visually interesting, and provide a venue beyond the SPO class to run, to encourage someone to give a truck body a try. For what it's worth, I personally won't be changing, but have had some people express interest in the trucks.

Comments, opinions...?

It needs to be clarified in the rules that any competitor running a truck body MUST have a gun rack decal in the rear window at all times.

Said gun rack decal shall contain one each six foot level.

Carry on.

RP

So long as the race vehicle falls into an existing class. Lord knows ICSCC has a lot of classes already. Some might say too many classes.

Is "vehicle interest" for those in the class? Or for spectators? If ICSCC races had spectators of course.

cheers,

Lance Richert

I think (not worth much I realize) it would be great idea. Proabably (like the ASA stock cars)a reasonably affordable way to get into GT-1.

Just for my own curiousity... how would the class exemption be documented? Would it just require an adjusment to the ICSCC comp regs? Or would you need to add a supplemental appendix?

I think (not worth much I realize) it would be great idea. Proabably (like the ASA stock cars)a reasonably affordable way to get into GT-1.

Just for my own curiousity... how would the class exemption be documented? Would it just require an adjusment to the ICSCC comp regs? Or would you need to add a supplemental appendix?

Steve, we'd only let you race a Subaru BRAT! :D

It needs to be clarified in the rules that any competitor running a truck body MUST have a gun rack decal in the rear window at all times.RP
I'm for the rule change but would we have to start watching our step around the paddock to avoid the tobacco spittle?

I'm for the rule change but would we have to start watching our step around the paddock to avoid the tobacco spittle?

no no no, that's how we start determining pole position for each group. First person to step in spittle gets pole. If you are barefoot it is an automatic overall win!

Back