Race announcement-kart enduro

Randy Blaylock

Highlander Motorsports
Black Widow Racing and Highlander Motorsports

present the first annual...

"6 Heuers of Kartrrera Panolympia"
A worker appreciation indoor kart enduro.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR SIGNING UP. GRID AND TEAMS FULL. IF YOU WANT TO PARICIPATE IN THE TEST N TUNE WICH LOOKS LIKE IT WILL ACTUALLY BE A RACE HEAD HERE :http://www.icscc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50

Event date is Saturday, Feb 7, 2009.

Financials/waiver signings etc... at 7:30 am, Driver's meeting and qualifying session from 8 am to 8:50am, race from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Awards at 4 pm.

Event location is Apex Karting in Tumwater, Wa; http://www.apexkarting.com/index.php

The facility has run enduros before, has twin pit lanes to facilitate driver changes, and an expansive layout featuring track width equal to 5 karts for plenty of room for passing. Full concessions on site.

The race will be a 6 hour enduro, limited to 10 teams total.

Entry fee is $600.00 per team. Minimum of 2 drivers, no max, recommend 6 drivers per team. The winning team will receive an attractive trophy, and more importantly, have a donation made to the ICSCC Workers Fund in their personal names in the amount of $100.00 per team. Let's get 10 teams signed up and give the Worker's fund a $1000.00 donation.

There will be no weight equalizing, or other artificial manipulation of final results. Come as you are.

Maximum stint length is 30 minutes. There will be a kart exchange at driver change, to help equalize the individual kart's strengths and weaknesses.

Creative team names and uniforms encouraged. Prize for best team costume.

Workers strongly encouraged to participate.

Further details to follow soon.

Feel free to post up your team name and members.

Last edited:
This is Rod Powell's idea, he spent the entire day today doing the footwork and negotiation with the proprietors. I merely composed the message since he's currently practicing at the track as we speak :)

Should be a blast.

Just to be clear, this is open to everyone; licensed racers, workers, siblings, kids, parents, SOs, co-workers etc...

Ummmmmm...

I feel like I should be speaking into a microphone saying "test, test"...

Have I safely arrived on the new website? I have a lot to learn in order to get a fancy font, name, picture, signature ...

For now, I'll just be plain'ol "bonnie" (what, I don't even get a capital "B"??? I feel so ... small!)

So - as to karts ...

The last time I entered an IRDC karting event (MANY years ago), I was nearly killed, first by Jeff Clark running over the back of me, then by Steve Gambiardini T-boning me!

And META had a little karting event of its own up here north of the border a few years back, and in that event I turned into a fiend, driving like I was being pursued by the devil (actually, it was Safety Mike-ee). I think I may have even run over a competitor or two myself in order to stay ahead of him ...

So perhaps Lynn is right, maybe I should stay on the sidelines as a cheerleader ...

On the other hand ... as this is being promoted as a "support the workers" event, perhaps a condition of each team is that it FEATURE at least one worker? Now, there's a condition to that condition ... NO BLOODY WAY IS ANYONE WEIGHING ME!!!! (And now if you'll excuse me, I'll get back to my Christmas chocolates ...)

Okay, let's hit the "submit" and see if I can actually post now!!!

The date and time are set, please see above.

A flyer (for fun and laughs only) is in production, to be posted soon as an attachment.

It's looking like the teams are going to fill up fast.

There is a limit of ten teams.

This thread will serve as the official entry list.

Please only list your team if you are 100% committed. You only need two people to form a team, assign a team captain, and contact me to make a 50% deposit to confirm your entry and reserve your team spot.

The balance of the entry fee will be due at the track before the race.

THAT"S ALL SHE WROTE FOLKS, TEAMS FULL UP. GET YER CHECKBOOKS OUT!

Team #1 (LWW)
Loren Wallace Wanna-be's (I ain't sayin' I wouldn't go fishin' with the man....)

1. Jeff McCormick "That's right, two stints!"
2. Dave Haire "isn't there a friggin RULE against that?"
3. Jeff McCormick "see above"
4. Trevor Cobb (West Point Grad, and I ain't kidding, how did he get hooked up with us?)
5. Sammy Puleo "Just flew in from Chi town, and you want me to race what?"
6. Scott Morton "Whaddya mean you never saw me, I WAS RIGHT THERE!"

Team #2 (TIYT)
Team If I was your team, I'd want to be our team

1. Patrick Boyle
2. Rick Bostrom
3. Manfred Duske
4. Randy Blaylock
5. Jeff Remfert
6. Rich Pfarr

Team #3 (TLY)
The Local Yokels "This ain't road racing, this is karting. ITS WHAT WE DO!"

1. Joe Manke
2. Rod Powell "How did I end up on this team?"
3. Kyle Nickels
4. John Zapel
5. Stephen Saslow
6. Terry Overdieck

Team #4 (MRTO)
Martini Racing Team & Olive Eating Society

1. Steve Clinton
2. Scott Norton
3. Ashis Vaidya
4. Elliott Ladik
5. Jeff Fry
6. Ben Gossler

Team #5 (TDKR)

The Dessert Kart Racing Team

motto "I never passed a dessert kart (I didn't like)" "Two cheesecakes for me please"

1. Michael Conatore
2. Hal Hilton
3. Richard Cabe
4. Jonathon Clark
5. Andy Robottom
6. Rick Delamare

Team #6 (EPR)

Eye Patch Racing "and you have the NERVE to call me a CHEATER?"

1. Curtis Creager
2. Fred Wright
3. Mike Olsen
4. Scott Hieronymus
5. Ryan Hieronymus
6. Driver "X"
(Hey man, we got a ringer here?)

Team #7 (CSM)

Clark Spec Miata "I said NO, you can't play with it, its a RACE CAR!"

1. John Holt
2. John Walker
3. Larry Bingham
4. Dave Olsen
5. Sean Hester
6. pro7racer
(identity kept secret due to government investigation ;-)

Team #8 (TPFD)

"The Pros From Dover",
team motto "The best care anywhere".

1. Scott "Spaun" Haun
2. Bud "Mansur Bater"
3. Thomas "Spider-Man" Leisner
4. Domingo "Dom Corleone" Luina
5. Mark "SlothMan" Schue
6. Bob "John Deere" Smethers

Team #9 (BWR)

Brown Water Racing "It's the water, and a whole lot more"

1. Wes (wildman) Tipton
2. Bruce (he be bad) Boyd
3. Coley (the hammer) Tipton
4. Mark (the rookie) Higenbotham
5. Al (the crusher) Carton

6. Mark (mad dog) Mclure

Team # 10 (WFR)

(We don't need no motto like you other wankers, WERE FER REAL!)

1. Mark "Holeshot" Hanken
2. Jeff "Big Boy" Hanken
3. Darren "Preciuos" Dilley
4. Ken Shreve
5. Bruce Beechman
6. Andy Leonard

Last edited:
I'm trying to get a team together, if I can't I would like to join someone elses. Anybody interested in taking on a 210lbs bag of sand? :)

Track reveiw

I will try and post a cart track review a little later, but wanted all you larger folks to know.......We have the advantage!!!!!! (FYI, I weigh in at 225 lbs)

Simply put, this track is fast (I believe the fastest in WA) and since the carts tend to push, a little weight shift to the outside corner and you can get the lighter guy in front of you!! Track is at least 4 carts wide on most areas, more likely 5!

Carts are 11.5 HP hondas, and they have a broad torque range, so the PTW ratio actually favors the larger drivers (to a degree). It also favors the skilled momentum drivers, so we need to penalize all the Pro 3 guys with an eye patch or something ;-)

There is a section that, I am not making this up, will so much remind you of turn 2 at Seattle it is scary. You will hope you make it, and no brake mid corner means you are in the wall.

Spent four hours (yes, four hours) practicing last night, and man 'o' man, this is the real deal. FYI, this is a race, and passing rules will be enforced. You have to work to set up a pass, and pressure the cart in front into bobbling.

If you punt him, you will be penalized (15 second remote engine cutout) and will likely lose about 5 spots!

RP

Last edited:
Jeez Rod - That means I have an advantage on you in the corners ......

Rick "a biscuit shy of 260" Bostrom

Team Name

Sign Scott Norton, Ashis Vaidya, and myself for team number 4. Our final three team members are TBD.

Don't forget our team name: "The Martini Racing Team & Olive Eating Society" :cool:

Now all the rest of you know your jealous you did not think of it first :p

It is actually the Team I inherited from my Dad and his friends with ICSCC History in the 1970's.

Team #6 official announcement

Hello and welcome to our online announcement of team “EPR” Team Eye Patch Racing, thanks Rod for the name!

We are glad to announce the forming of this team and are certain we shall have an impact in the near future.

We are very excited about the opportunity that lay ahead. Obviously, we're excited for the "6 Heuers of Kartrrera Panolympia"; it's a spectacular opportunity for all of us.

We're really very excited. We have a good group of guys. They may not have the last name Andretti or Gurney, but two of them have the same last name Hieronymus. The rest of us are just drivers desperate to fill a vast void. If it wasn’t for this race Mike Olsen might hook up his race trailer and just drive around Gig Harbor scaring all the women and child of this peaceful community.

The real challenge for us is to keep the other teams behind us and make sure that they never make a clean pass. Here is a direct quote from Mr. Powell “we need to penalize all the Pro 3 guys with an eye patch or something” It’s no surprise that certain teams need to trash talk!

As for the driver lineup for the Team Eye Patch Racing's entry in the 2009 6 Heuers of Kartrrera Panolympia.
Curtis Creager, El Cape-tan
Fred Wright
Mike Olsen
Scott Hieronymus
Ryan Hieronymus
Driver “X” We've got several people interested so that's good news, but, just nothing set in stone right yet.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask but don’t expect an answer from anyone of us, at least not a straight answer.

Regards,

Curtis

Last edited:
Are you sure you want a 'rookie' on your team Creager? Oops, that would be you woudn't it? Okay, never mind...

Team #5 roster is almost full! I have one outstanding invitation, and one queued behind that in case I get a "no".

At this time, the team is:
Mike Conatore
Hal Hilton
Jeff Clark
Jonathan Clark
Andy Robottom

This is going to be a whole lot of FUN!!!

New rule:

Open wheeled drivers AND Pro 3 drivers, as well as spec Miata, have to wear execution hoods!

That ought to even it up for us tin top guys!

FYI, team # 3 is Team Local Yokal, and they are the record holders at the track. They be the ones to beat!!

RP

Back